Rate: Woman in the Dunes

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
8/10 -- I mention this because it's different, and because I never see it mentioned.. It was just on TCM, I recorded it because of the 93% rating. A little long towards the end, it gets redundant, hence, the 8.

Was a favorite back in the day but haven't watched it forever. Back then I would have given it
though.

Do you know any movies in the same ballpark of good quality?
I still haven't seen it yet, but Teshigahara made another film called The Face of Another that's supposed to be really good.

That's tough because I think it's a very unique movie. I tend to lump it in with other Japanese classics but that doesn't necessarily mean that they're similar types of movies.

I saw it some ten years ago and I remember I was intrigued by this film. 9 out of 10 for me. Your thread reminds me I should re-watch it.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
8/10 very good film.

I can't think of anything exactly similar as it's very unique and metaphorical. Onibaba shares some traits with it I suppose.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Recently bumped the rating to
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Welcome to the human race...
last I checked, which was about a year and a half ago. A fine film by any account.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Its a
for me.

Matt, you ever watched Akai tenshi aka Red Angel?

Highly recommend.
Thank you. I just tried looking - no luck (yet).. Any videos on Youtube you'd recommend?

One of the absolute best Japanese New Wave films, it's almost a Hitchcockian horror film.

Other lesser type films to check out

The Human Condition

Onibaba (1964)

Himiko (1974)