Falling Asleep in the Theater

Tools    

On the outside looking in.
The only time I have fallen asleep at the theater was during MR. MAGOO. Unfortunately, there was still about twenty minutes left when I awoke.

I feel asleep watching The Black Hole (1979), not because I disliked it (I still feel it's just an okay movie) but because the now-defunct cinema had the most comfortable seats in town and I was fairly tired. Didn't regret the nap and saw the move later on cable. Win/Win.

Feel asleep during Reds (1981). It was a late night, after work, and movie was just so dang long (and a bit boring to me).

I never have, but waaaay back when we went to see Star Wars at the drive-in both my parents fell asleep. Unforgiveable!

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I have never fallen asleep or dozed off at all during a film, I don't care if it's bad or not, I paid eight-dollars for the movie, and I am going to be up and avidly watching it.

I've never fallen asleep in a movie theater (though have plenty of times when watching at home or at a friend's house). My mom did, though, while watching Gladiator. It happened during the Battle of Carthage re-enactment scene.

You know, this one:

WTF.

Have never fell asleep in the movie theatre.

But at home in my easy chair, well that's another story!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I've never fallen asleep in a movie theater. Probably because every single time I buy a large Coke. After that I'm all jazzed up on sugar and caffeine so there's not a chance of nodding off. Not even when I went to see Garfield 2.

Ever fell asleep in a movie theater? I personally have not. I only ask because my 80-year old dad, who I haven't been to the movies with since 1980 ("Raging Bull"), was snoring up a storm last night during "The Great Gatsby". Apparently, he didn't think it was great at all.

I fell asleep on THE HINDENBURGH, INSOMNIA, and DANCES WITH WOLVES.

I have never done that. But i have seen people doze off! My friend used to do it quite a lot. We used to go for late night movies after office and he used to fall asleep.

I especially remember two incidents:
1. We went to Harry Potter IV. That was the first HP for both of us. Hardly understood what was going on. He fell asleep and woke up in the middle and asked who is this bearded guy, it was Dumbledore.

2. Next was when when we went for Gandhi, My Father. The movie was amazingly good, but very slow paced. He slept off on somebody's GF's shoulder! They did not say anything. More like the couple felt sorry for him. During intermission the couple swapped places. He dozed of on the BF then!

Thanks for reminding me...totally feel asleep during GANDHI too.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I have fell asleep during the last installment of the Matrix films. I also have fallen asleep through a lot of films in the house aswell. My sleep pattern is fracked to say the least.

I fell asleep watching 2001 A Space Odyessy for the second time. My date wanted to go so what do you do. I wasn't forgiven.

The People's Republic of Clogher
The only time I've fallen asleep was during a double bill. Candleshoe and, I think, Bedknobs and Broomsticks were the culprits.

I'd love to say this was my inner critic surfacing for the first time but I was 4 or 5 so probably not. Although ... I vehemently hated onions, peas and my sister at the time so anything's possible. ;P

The People's Republic of Clogher
The only time I've fallen asleep was during a double bill. Candleshoe and, I think, Bedknobs and Broomsticks were the culprits.

I'd love to say this was my inner critic surfacing for the first time but I was 4 or 5 so probably not. Although ... I vehemently hated onions, peas and my sister at the time so anything's possible. :P