Snowpiercer

Tools    

Kakarot89: The Infamous Thread Killer
There's no real information on a release or even a trailer for this film. However, this is the film I really, really, really want to see in 2013. Is anyone else interested?

Set in a future where, after a failed experiment to stop global warming, an ice age has killed off nearly all life on the planet. The only survivors are the inhabitants of the 'Snowpiercer', a massive train that travels around the planet and is powered by a perpetual-motion engine. Over time a class system evolves on the train, with the elites inhabiting the 'front' of the train and poor inhabiting the 'back' of the train. Tired of the poor conditions suffered by riders in the 'back', a revolution occurs with the riders attempting to seize control of the engine which the elites in the 'front' consider 'sacred'.

I think this film looks stunning.

Is that last picture the kid that played Billy Elliott? I know he's done a thousand other things since then and I can't remember his name off hand. But that's him isn't it?

One problem with Jamie Bell is that he's useless at accents. Jumper and King Kong were the worst of the two he's tried, I couldn't tell if he was trying Irish or American and on some scenes he sounded faux-South African... hopefully he uses his natural voice for this one as it looks like an interesting film.

This going to be epic. Being a big fan of "The Host", I'm pretty hopeful for this one. With all the remakes and sequels coming out lately, originality is nice to see.

Must be doin sumthin right
Can't wait for this - love this guy's movies

And after making a lot of money around the world and following a mini public battle with Harvey Weinstein - whenever this gets a US release it looks like it'll be Bong-Joon Ho's final cut. Great news. Even with early word of mouth being so-so, I'd still much rather watch his cut than Harvey's rumored twenty minute shorter version

Did they mop this floor with Dr. Pepper?!
Agreed. Long run-times don't scare me. In fact, I really like long movies. I'd rather see the director's full vision than watch a shorter film. Of course, that doesn't apply to the terrible director's cut of Blade Runner.

^ It's brilliant, probably the director's best film so far - well to me anyway. I'm so happy that the American producers didn't get their way and cut about 20 minutes out of it.

Highlights of the film - Tilda Swinton's character, with a very good Yorkshire accent might I add, and the 'Don't open' sequence.

^ It's brilliant, probably the director's best film so far - well to me anyway. I'm so happy that the American producers didn't get their way and cut about 20 minutes out of it.

Highlights of the film - Tilda Swinton's character, with a very good Yorkshire accent might I add, and the 'Don't open' sequence.
That makes me very happy to hear. However, now I'm more than excited to see it.

I thought it was entertaining enough but not as good as I thought it'd be, I think Bong Joon-ho has made much better films, this one feels quite derivative . Tilda Swinton's character wouldn't be out of place in a Roald Dahl book, strange character and out of place. Song Kang-Ho was underused for such an excellent actor. I see it was originally a comic, I bet it worked quite well as that.

Ok but 3/5

a very easy 5/5 for me.

an interesting tidbid from the wiki
The North American rights were acquired by The Weinstein Company in 2012, based on the script and some completed footage, with a plan for wide release in the United States and Canada. However it was only released in the US on Jun 27, 2014 in just eight locations,[21] taking in $171,187 on its opening weekends, averaging $21,398 per theater.[3]

This delay was caused by Harvey Weinstein owner of The Weinstein Company, requesting 20 minutes of footage be cut and opening and closing monologues be added. Bong refused to cut it and while he succeed in getting the film released in an uncut form,[22] Weinstein retaliated by relegating the film to Radius-TWC, which meant the film only received a limited release in art house cinemas.[23]

On July 2, it was announced that thanks to the positive reviews and buzz the film would get a wider US release and play in over 150 theaters.[24]