Being Human (UK)

Tools    

Kakarot89: The Infamous Thread Killer
I'm not sure if there's a thread about this or not. I did a search and went through like ten pages in the television room and found nothing, so decided to post this one myself. Do any of you fabulous guys and gals watch Being Human?

Yes, there's a few Being Human fans around the place. I thought there was a thread, but maybe we just discussed it in the tv tab.

Series 5 starts over here in the new year. I'm looking forward to it, but there's no doubt that it's going to be hard to recapture the chemistry of the previous cast. Here's hoping.

Really? I actually really enjoyed Hal and Tom. I liked George and Mitchell but I don't find myself really missing them. I'm worried a little about Alex replacing Annie but not too worried about it.

Enjoy it while you can, kids.

'Being Human' to end after current series

Being Human will come to an end after this series, BBC Three has confirmed.

The channel announced today that the supernatural drama will come to a close in the next few episodes as Tom, Alex and Hal are forced to face the Devil.

Michael Socha and Damien Molony are in their second run of Being Human while Kate Bracken has graduated to a lead role in the show, after original cast members Aiden Turner, Lenora Crichlow and Russell Tovey left the series in previous episodes.

"Working on Being Human has been a truly great experience," executive producer Rob Pursey said. "From the first one hour pilot all the way through to this climactic series, we've been given real creative freedom and encouragement. It's a credit to BBC Three that such an unusual idea has been allowed to flourish and evolve in its own unique way."

Pursey praised writer Toby Whithouse and added: "Being Human has also opened the door to new acting talent, including some incredibly exciting younger actors, which is a legacy we all feel proud of. We will miss Being Human, but feel inspired that there is a place for series like this on British television."

Meanwhile, BBC Three's controller Zai Bennett described the show as a "fantastic and faithful friend" to the channel, saying: "It's featured some truly exceptional actors and storylines through the years and I'd like to thank Toby and the production team for their vision and passion.

"However, all good things come to an end and at BBC Three we're committed to breaking new shows and new talent, and who better to pass that baton on than Toby."
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/...nt-series.html

THough I've always liked it, and still do, unless this series improves greatly on the last, I think this is for the best.

That's a shame. I haven't seen anything post series 3, but the show been surprisingly good for me. It's full of great drama, action, and comedy. A real gem for British fantasy/sci fi. Love Lenora Crichlow, but the new girl looks pretty fit. Dunno if she'll be as likeable.

We'll see. I might just wait and get them on blu ray or something, because I like the first three series enough to justify purchase.

This makes me very sad. As one of the few people that actually liked Series 4, I'm disappointed we won't see more of these new characters. Oh well, we're at least getting better treatment than the Pushing Daisies fans.

Mate, I didn't think I would be into it either. But after a few episodes, I was quite impressed by it. I like the whole flatmate dynamic between the three main characters. The Irish vamp bloke's a bit 'so-what' but even he became interesting by series 2.

It's much better than the American version that's for sure.

It's much better than the American version that's for sure.
I plus repped you for that.

I already said that I really liked Season 4. Even though they brought in new characters it didn't feel much like they were replacing the old ones. George and Mitchell would always hold a special place in the audience's heart but Hal and Tom would too (at least for me). The future element was a little weird at first but it wasn't something that was constantly there and we kept switching back and forth like in the first episode. The season reminded me more of Terminator than anything. Overall though, I enjoyed the season (but I think it's called Series in the UK)

Now onto my thoughts on Season 5:

With season 4 I knew I was still interested in the show and still wanted to watch it even with some of the weirder elements and two of the three main characters gone. I grew quite fond of Tom and Hal. However, I can't seem to enjoy Alex. I've only watched the first two episodes and am mainly procrastinating because I don't know if I want to continue watching anymore. I don't even know where to begin. The plot seems so stupid and thrown together last minute. I know it's the end of the series but do they really have to end it this way? The whole trinity aspect of it all seems stupid considering that this is the third time a "trinity" has been together. Crumb just plain annoys me and I really hope he's killed off soon. I have the ability to watch the first five episodes but it feels really dumb.

Anyone else want to gripe about the series?

Has anyone seen the last episode yet, and if you have, what are your thoughts?

Seen all the last series now. It was ok, well superior to most of those generic vampire things, more gritty and better writing. The mix of humour and darkness is pretty well balanced. The finale did feel a little rushed but in general it worked. The well written characters throughout all the series held your attention, but living in Bristol I liked the earlier ones set in Bristol much more

Um...is this coming back? I was on a site today and they mentioned Season 6 is coming out on the 13th of July. I'm really confused about this. Maybe whoever put up the info is drunk or something. I looked up on google with no results but maybe some of you across the pond have more info about this.

Okay, so I figured out what's going on. I discovered that Being Human Series 5 is coming over here on July 13th but for some reason the site in question put it as Series 6. So that seems to be what's going on.

You know what, HK? I'm not sure either. I will admit that I loved the ending of the last episode but everything leading up to it was all a bit hit or miss. I wasn't a big fan of the devil, he seemed so boring compared to Herrick or Mr. Snow or Kemp. I honestly felt that Rook had better villain potential. I also found his whole power of suicide to be really ridiculous. There were a lot of things (I won't list them all here) I didn't like in the last series but I felt the ending was undoubtedly the best part.