Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

“I was cured, all right!”
Rewatched some action films I like.

Only Keanu could play this character. Only David and Chad could direct this film. Watching this movie is one of those events that put a smile on my face.

The best of the bunch!
One of the stupidest arguments I've heard about this film is "No one fears John Wick anymore". One can deslike for many reasons, but this I don't understand. In the first film, Wick was feared by many, but not by the killers who are part of his world. In the second, the only difference is that there are many more killers, but those who are not, still fear him.
I see poetry in the action scenes, I don't know how to explain it, but all the violence, the unrealistic reality + the realistic way of dealing with weapons are an appeal to me.

I do not agree with the use of CGI in this chapter, also, the desert sequence looks a bit off - it breaks the mood a little bit. Loved Halle Berry and hope she appears in the next one, just like Cassian (Common ) from chapter 2. Don't like Ruby Rose (the silent assassin), hope they don't bring her back. As a great The Raid fan, It's so great to see those guys in a real action movie made in america, since Star Wars The Force Garbage didn't make them justice. Watched all of them in one sitting. It was very fun.

Was planning to watch the entire franchise in one sitting too, but Last Blood took a while to arrive, so I'll watch one per day, since now I'm back to work. Very good action/drama. Stallone's spech always gets me.

Ride Lonesome 1959 Directed by Budd Boetticher

Randolph Scott, Karen Steele, Pernell Roberts, Lee Van Cleef, James Coburn

No bs Western / Western, with a run time of only 1 hour and 13 minutes. No time for side missions to other genres it's a 100% pure revenge beef Western. Short, traditional, simple and straight to the point story line, with a great final shot.

I seen that one, good western. I love those strange rocks in the Alabama Hills. Two other good and short westerns wtih Randolph Scott/Budd Boetticher (director) are Comanche Station (1960) & 7 Men From Now (1956).

I seen that one, good western. I love those strange rocks in the Alabama Hills. Two other good and short westerns wtih Randolph Scott/Budd Boetticher (director) are Comanche Station (1960) & 7 Men From Now (1956).
Yes those Alabama Hills looked great in the film, beautiful colors. I've watch-listed those two and added The Tall T as well, thanks.

Yes those Alabama Hills looked great in the film, beautiful colors. I've watch-listed those two and added The Tall T as well, thanks.
I forgot about The Tall T, I think that's the one with the water well? If so, yeah that's an intense movie.

SO GOOD. A fictionalized re-enactment of this dreadful day in Norway. The lead actress, who had never acted before, is so amazingly talented.

Re-watch for the millionth time. Faye Dunaway’s wardrobe is to die for. And McQueen driving a 1967 Rolls Royce on the Mass Turnpike is really something. LOVE this movie.

Re-watch for the millionth time. Faye Dunaway’s wardrobe is to die for. And McQueen driving a 1967 Rolls Royce on the Mass Turnpike is really something. LOVE this movie.
If I were to make a 'most stylish movies of all time list', this one would be in the top 5 for sure.

1917 (2019)

A well rounded very well made WW1 movie. There is nothing wrong with the movie but besides the fancy camera trick to make it feel like it was a single take, it lacks any novelty or complexity so it is not a great movie but only a very good war movie (it is more like Platoon rather than Apocalypse Now). 8.5/10

I found it patchy beyond belief.
I agree and kind of liked that, It felt like out of some obscure trippy cartoon from the 60's.. I mean it was a literal descent into hell, I didn't want it to be too polished somehow.
Do you know what a roller pigeon is, Barney? They climb high and fast, then roll over and fall just as fast toward the earth. There are shallow rollers and deep rollers. You can’t breed two deep rollers, or their young will roll all the way down, hit, and die. Officer Starling is a deep roller, Barney. We should hope one of her parents was not.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.

Elizabeth Harvest (Sebastian Gutierrez, 2017)
6/10
The Young Cannibals (Kris Carr & Sam Fowler, 2019)
- 5/10
One Million American Dreams (Brendan J. Byrne, 2018)
6.5/10
Ghost Light (John Stimpson, 2018)
6/10

Bizarre occurrences at a summer stock rendition of the "Scottish Play".
A Very Sordid Wedding (Del Shores, 2017)
6/10
Olanda (Bernd Schoch, 2019)
5/10
I Killed Einstein, Gentlemen (Oldrich Lipský, 1970)
6/10
Laura Gets a Cat (Michael Ferrell, 2017)
+ 6.5/10

Laura (Dana Brooke) struggles through life in this witty, unheralded romance.
How to Be Loved AKA Jak byc kochana (Wojciech J. Has, 1963)
6/10
An Acceptable Loss (Joe Chappellei, 2018)
5/10
Anything (Timothy McNeil, 2017)
6/10
If I Leave Here Tomorrow: A Film About Lynyrd Skynyrd (Stephen Kijak, 2018)
+ 6.5/10

The band before and after the ill-fated plane crash.
The Catcher Was a Spy (Ben Lewin, 2918)
6/10
Redcon-1 (Chee Keong Cheung, 2018)
5/10
Guilty Bystander (Joseph Lerner, 1950)
6/10
Spotlight (Tom McCarthy, 2015)
7/10

Boston Globe reporters plan their investigation of the Catholic Archdiocese child abuse scandal.
I'll Take Your Dead (Chad Archibald, 2018)
+ 5/10
Hampstead (Joel Hopkins 2017)
6/10
The Dark Tower (Nikolaj Arcel, 2017)
+ 5/10
First Love (Takashi Miike, 2019)
6.5/10

Hooker Becky and boxer Bengal find themselves in the middle of an outrageous adventure involving yakuza and drug dealers.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
The Invisible Man -

Falling behind on some reviews, need to catch up and stop playing video games!!!

Suspect's Reviews

It was a lot better than I expected which is one of the reasons I hadn't seen it yet - I thought I would hate it since the only film I ever liked from the director was Repulsion. I actually wanted to hate it but it is a fantastic movie. One of the best I've ever seen at building tension scene to scene. One of my problems with the director's other films is they always seem to have poor pacing, they drag imo, but not this. It flies by. Mia was outstanding and the supporting cast was pretty gosh darn good as well.

“I was cured, all right!”

When I was a kid, I used to watch Batman & Robin, and think "Wow, this is dumb, but I love it", some friends used to take the costumes very serious, I couldn't. even for a six or seven years old version of myself, I was like... Meh... I remember watching Batman Begins so many years later and thinking: Where's the Bat Nipples and the Neon? - Still couldn't take the movie serious. It was like this until The Dark Knight, for some reason... (need to rewatch it) — But my point is: John Rambo was my Super Hero. Tough, relentless, self-sufficient, responsible, very strong and honest with a big heart. Of course I didn't fully understod the drama of the war back in the days. I was there just for the fun. The explosions, the guns, the ACTION.
When I grew up, I started to take films so serious, that I started to believe that the Rambo sequels where all bad because they were just absurd. Since I started to rate films, Rambo II was always like 2 or three stars out of five. "It's not a serious movie, how can I enjoy it?" Well, now I'm even older, and I'm rediscovering something I lost, the pure fun of just sitting and watch a movie for what it is. Rambo II is popcorn, it have it's meaning, but once again, I'm here for the fun. John Rambo still my super hero. Hats off to Goldsmith. Love the soundtrack.
https://open.spotify.com/track/5RPZ1...StCU2rpA0fTI5g

Remember when Batman and Robin was gearing up in the beginning of the movie? My friends used to love that.
This right here was my gear up scene:

For Sama (2019)

I don't really have words...Raw telling of a kind of story you either hear a lot about or not at all depending on what kind of news you follow. Heartbreaking that so much of the world lives like this.

RICHARD JEWELL
(2019)

The performances were all excellent.

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
John Avildsen: King of the Underdogs - 10/10
Great documentary. His 70s work was amazing (Joe, Rocky, Save The Tiger), and some 80s stuff like "The Karate Kid". Interesting fella.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Hal - 10/10
Hal Ashby was the real deal. Great editor and an even better director. His 70s stuff was amazing. I love his integrity, and always like rebels, especially when they have a lot to lose. It's easy to be a hero when you're on the bottom and have nothing to lose.

School`s Out / L`heure de la sortie (2018) 6/10