Movies you couldn't even finish.

Tools    

Now You See Me
The Mule
Green Book

Intensely disliked all 3. Great cast wasted on Now You See Me.

Never seen a Clint Eastwood movie that I like. This one was dreadful.

Wonder how many hours Viggo practiced his impersonation of Tony Soprano. Awful movie.

Arrival.
Heard good to great things about this one, checked it out when it was on amazon prime and was bored to tears, couldn't get through it

Arrival.
Heard good to great things about this one, checked it out when it was on amazon prime and was bored to tears, couldn't get through it
I hated it. EDIT: whoops I was thinking of that other crappy sci fi, Annihilation. Arrival was OK

Wonder how many hours Viggo practiced his impersonation of Tony Soprano. Awful movie.

Great cast wasted on a mediocre movie. And there’s a sequel!

Great cast wasted on a mediocre movie. And there’s a sequel!
Might be the minority on green book, personally loved it but I totally understand why others dislike it. The mule was horrendously boring though.

Never seen a Clint Eastwood movie that I like.
What!! Noooooooo

Don’t ask me what this is about. I haven’t a clue.

Enjoyed the movie prior to this one, but this was so boring. Could not stand 2-1/2 hours.

Tried (again) to get through this movie, but couldn’t stand 2-1/2 hours.

Don’t ask me what this is about. I haven’t a clue.

Enjoyed the movie prior to this one, but this was so boring. Could not stand 2-1/2 hours.

Tried (again) to get through this movie, but couldn’t stand 2-1/2 hours.
I haven't seen any of these so can't judge, but my guess, Stirchley, is that you don't like long movies. I'm quite the same (although there are exceptions - but movies have to be very good to exceed the two hour mark).

I was going to start a thread recently about otherwise good movies that were ruined by long run times (this idea was influenced by the thread about Devil's Advocate which I thought could have been epic, but was hurt by a painfully long run time that had audiences looking at their watches rather than watching the screen).

No, incorrect. I love long movies. In fact, one of my favorites - Satantango - is 7-1/2 hours long.

What’s the old adage? A good movie is too short & a bad movie is too long. That’s exactly how I feel.

No, incorrect. I love long movies. In fact, one of my favorites - Satantango - is 7-1/2 hours long.

What’s the old adage? A good movie is too short & a bad movie is too long. That’s exactly how I feel.
I agree with that as well.

I go with Alfred Hitchcock's old adage - can't remember exactly how it goes, but something about a movie should be no longer than the average time someone can hold their bladder.

I go with Alfred Hitchcock's old adage - can't remember exactly how it goes, but something about a movie should be no longer than the average time someone can hold their bladder.
Who in their right mind removes their own bladder in order to watch a movie though???

Who in their right mind removes their own bladder in order to watch a movie though???
When you're built like Alfred was, you could hold your own bladder - just insert hands under one of the fat folds in the bladder area and you can hold it!

I didn’t like this movie in 2006, but thought I would try it again now that Jodie Whittaker is a star. Still didn’t like it. Peter O’Toole was really creepy in this movie.

For those of you who disliked The Mule, what did y'all expect that you'd see? Sicario III?.. The story was about an 87 year old man, played by an 88 year old man. There was not going to be any gun play, graphic sex, zombies or horror, so that leaves out at least half of today's crowd.

My guess is that mostly people over 50 would enjoy The Mule. I did. But Clint has become an institution, like W. Allen and a few others. Truthfully Eastwood as an actor has become long in the tooth. He might best start thinking about smaller, character parts if he intends to keep acting. But it's hard to argue with success.

~Doc

Welcome to the human race...
For those of you who disliked The Mule, what did y'all expect that you'd see? Sicario III?.. The story was about an 87 year old man, played by an 88 year old man. There was not going to be any gun play, graphic sex, zombies or horror, so that leaves out at least half of today's crowd.

Stupid. I thought this might be written with some truth, instead it's a bunch of actresses sporting face lifts and trying to not act their age. I'll take Clint Eastwood's craggy old face any day over this drivel.