Movies you wish you could see in the theater?

Tools    

The Cell

I'd seen "The Exorcist" any number of times on TV/home video, but when I happened to finally catch it in a theater (original cut), I staggered out of the place feeling like I'd been clubbed with a 2x4. Awesome!

I was lucky enough to see "Star Wars", Dances With Wolves", "Apollo 13", and more movies than I can remember on the big screen. Special note on "Gravity": Sandra Bullock, in her underwear, on a big screen, in 3-D, has still got it! (But then, I've had it bad for her since "Speed".)
Have seen all these when they first came out thats because I'm an old fart

Back in the late 1980s, I saw two movies in re-release that I still think about. The first was An American in Paris, in a restored 1920s movie palace. The Technicolor print was unbelievably vivid -- I have had to live in the subdued hues of the real world ever since, much to my chagrin.

I saw Lawrence of Arabia in a theatre built in the 1950s to accommodate the new wide-screen format movies. The screen was incredibly wide, so much so that even if I looked away from the centre of the screen, all that I could see was David Lean's vision of the desert.

What one sees on HDTV is a pale shadow of how either of them is supposed to look.

I bring up this topic as my theater is screening taxi driver in 4k which of course is awesome and I was wondering what movies you dream of seeing in the theater?
Probably the Werner Herzog/Klaus Kinski films – Aguirre, Nosferatu and Fitzcarraldo especially.

I think it would be anything where there's a massive amount of detail that a small set doesn't support. I'd love to see The Adventures of Baron Munchausen on a big screen again too – it was spectacular at the time, really like an old epic.

Gladiator would've been pretty epic. Although Philosopher's Stone has returned to theaters plenty of times over the years, I never saw it back when it first came out. Titanic as well of course would've been a fantastic experience.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Probably the Werner Herzog/Klaus Kinski films – Aguirre, Nosferatu and Fitzcarraldo especially.

I think it would be anything where there's a massive amount of detail that a small set doesn't support. I'd love to see The Adventures of Baron Munchausen on a big screen again too – it was spectacular at the time, really like an old epic.
I'd like to see Aguirre as well.