Movies that I Consider Timeless:

Tools    

There are a number of movies that I would consider timeless, because they're so intense, colorful, and have beautiful stories behind them. Some are fast, with lots of action, some movies have a good mixture of action, romance, love and sadness, and others are happy and exuberant. Others have sort of a rich history behind them, as well. Some are based on rather grim, but beautifully interesting stories. Here are these movies, in no particular order, except for one, which is the tops for me:

A) West Side Story: This film is, admittedly, the tops for me. It's got a beautiful story behind it, with a great mixture of action, love, romance, exuberance, violence, death, sadness, and the hint of possible intergroup reconciliation which follows. This film, to me, is the most timeless of all.

The rest of the films that I consider timeless are in no particular order:

B) Wizard of Oz: This movie is also a mixture of trauma, hardscrabble lives, ]action, adventure, exuberance, imagination, sadness, and the final realization that "there's no place like home.

C) Sound of Music: This is a very exuberant, happy story, overall. Captain von Tropp had been a strict disciplinarian with his children since the passing of his wife, but when he met the outspoken, spirited Maria, fell in love with and ultimately married her, music was brought back into the household. The story behind Sound of Music also has sort of a funny (not a ha-ha funny, if one gets the drift.), twist to it: On the one hand, Captain von Trapp was a highly decorated, patriotic, nationalistic captain who for a long time, worked for the Nazis. On the other hand, when he finally realized who the Nazis where, what they were doing, what they stood for, and what they were up to, he bravely took his family over the Alps and escaped into Switzerland.

D) Fantasia (the original one): I have a number of favorite Walt Disney movies, but the original 1940 movie Fantasia is by far the best of the lot. Although there are a couple of weaker parts of this film that I don't particularly care for, and therefore knocked my rating of it down a bit, to an "8" rating, this is a film that's happy, sad, angry, interesting, and scary at the same time. I have two favorites in this film: The Rite of Spring and Night on Bald Mountain, both of which are the most fantastic parts of this film.

E) Lawrence of Arabia: This is another classic film that, like West Side Story, won a number of well-earned awards the year it came out, ncluding Best Picture. It's beautifully photographed, has an interesting story behind it, and, like West Side Story, looks particularly fantastic when shown on a great big, wide movie theatre screen.

F) Jaws: I never thought I'd be saying this, but I like Jaws a great deal, as well. It, too, has a riveting story, with lots of action, funniness, sadness, as well as arrogance mixed in with it. I can't help feeling sorry for Quint when he gets eaten by the shark, but, at the same time, feeling that his own arrogance, stubbornness and hubris helped bring about his grisly demise. I'm glad that Hooper and Brody survived and overcame their fear of the water, however.

Sorry for my bad English :p
there's a lot of movies that i consider timeless but the number one i think its Fritz lang's M 1931
after 85 years it still has its charm and intensity..