Music that scares you and/or messes with your head.

Tools    

Anybody out there heard anything that makes you freak out every time you hear it? Like songs that when you hear it alone in the dark pictures come to your head that scare the bejesus out of you? I have one.

Artist: Pink Floyd (big surprise there huh?)
Album: Ummagumma
Song: Careful with that Axe Eugene.

By the album or download the song and give it a listen in the dark by yourself. It's just creepy until about 3:00 min. into the song but after that you hear "Careful with that axe eugene" whispered, and the this scream goes on for a long time and I piss myself every time I hear it.
And found he was eating his shoe.

I wipe my ass with your feelings
Heavy Metal just scares me....period.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Diamanda Galas

Go to her website and download some of her audio and visual files.

Here are some audio files I found off of www.brainwashed.com.

Wild Women with Steak Knives

The Litanies of Satan

On the other end of the spectrum, boy bands scare the hell out of me.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
The first minute or so of the song My Kingdom (part I) by the Future Sound of London. Listen to it in a dark room with headphones on and try to resist looking for what is behind you.

Originally Posted by led_zeppelin
Anybody out there heard anything that makes you freak out every time you hear it? Like songs that when you hear it alone in the dark pictures come to your head that scare the bejesus out of you? I have one.

Artist: Pink Floyd (big surprise there huh?)
Album: Ummagumma
Song: Careful with that Axe Eugene.

By the album or download the song and give it a listen in the dark by yourself. It's just creepy until about 3:00 min. into the song but after that you hear "Careful with that axe eugene" whispered, and the this scream goes on for a long time and I piss myself every time I hear it.
Yup, Ummagumma is probably one of the most bizzare things ever.

history *is* moralizing
does crying count as messing with one's head? even if it's a sadly beautiful moment? sadly enough (again...!), each song works only once, dunno why... does anybody know Shannon Wright, well, that would be Avalanche, You'll Be the Death, With Closed Eyes and Method of Sleeping, wow, four songs by the same artist, it did stronger than Catpower who had that kind of effect only once.

I cant think of anything musically that really "messed with my head" since I was a little kid. The closest I can come is the song Hello Skinny by The Residents. Actually, that whole album, Duck Stab is kinda creepy (in a good way; it's one of my all time favorites.) The cover art is what I find the most frightening though~

And good call on Diamanda Galas, Loner. What a loopy singer.

Joy Division's 24 Hours is pretty terrifying. Most of Closer is.

I find a lot of Swans stuff just horrifying as well.

I don't think I listen to much that'd be considered particularily head-messing. I'm a bit too much of an indie snob.

hmmm apex twin- come to daddy, i dunno not to much stuff makes me go wtf? or scares me

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
A lot of Aretha Franklin lyrics give me the willies.
Agreed about the music of The Swans and Diamonda Galas... and boy bands.

Also, have you ever really listened to the lyrics of Every Breath You Take, by the Police?
...Oh, can’t you see
You belong to me
How my poor heart aches
With every breath you take

Every move you make
Every vow you break
Every smile you fake
Every claim you stake
I’ll be watching you

Every move you make
Every step you take
I’ll be watching you

I’ll be watching you
I’ll be watching you
I’ll be watching you
I’ll be watching you...

yoikes!

Official Sacrifice to Holden Pike
Britney Spears's music honestly scares me. My mind can not wrap around the concept of it. Who listens to that crap? It's so undeniably awful. The lyrics are just SO stupid.
"For whatever reason,
I feel like I've been wanting you all my life
You don't understand
I'm so glad we're at the same place
At the same time, it's over now

I spotted you dancin'
You made all the girls stare
Those lips and your brown eyes (oooh)
And the sexy hair
I should shake my thang
Make the world want you (giggle)
Tell your boys you'll be back
I wanna see what you can do (uh)"

Barf.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Originally Posted by casa
hmmm apex twin- come to daddy
The video for Aphex Twin's Come to Daddy was the really disturbing part.

As for music that scares - Dylan's Masters of War still sends the odd shiver down my spine, particularly the "I'll stand on your grave 'til I'm sure that you're dead" line.

As for something that messes with your head, My Bloody Valentine and early Jesus and Mary Chain did it for me.

I am having a nervous breakdance
Yeah, "Come to daddy" is one scary video. I remember the first time I saw it. I was home alone and it was past midnight because MTV didn't air the song during daytime. I had... ehrm.. inhaled quite a considerable amount of ...Mother Earth's finest... and that song came on. And I didn't know what to feel the most - scared or fascinated. It's a brilliant song and one of the best videos ever made.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

"Come To Daddy" is one of the scariest things I've seen. Music video or otherwise.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
The most disturbing video I've seen is Happiness in Slavery, by Nine Inch Nails, featuring Bob Flanagan as the victim.

The video is basically a masochist getting turned into hamburger.

Ex-Con. Ex-Cop. Explosive
I don't like SlipKnot very much. They kinda screw with me.

Electric Wizard scares me kinda, but in a good way and less so now im into it, Mr Bungle is plain weird and messes a bit