Television Tab

Tools    

I know, I know this is a movie forum. But I also watch Television, weird huh? So why not have a T.V. tab? I'm sure it won't be as popular as the movie tab but that's ok. I'm willing to admit that sometimes I watch some absolutely atrocious T.V. are you?

I mostly just wanted to start this because I'm going to be watching all of The Twilight Zone over the next few months and it just doesn't go in the movie tab, however its a great show and I just wanted to throw in a few few thoughts when I see an episode that I actually haven't seen, or when I run across someone interesting. Which is pretty often in this show in particular. So chime in if you like, other wise I'll just talk amongst myselves .

Last night...

The Twilight Zone

Mr. Dingle the Strong, Ep.55 March 3rd, 1961 Burgess Meredith.

Two Ep.66 Sep. 15th, 1961 Elizabeth Montgomery and Charles Bronson

A Passage for Trumpet Ep.32 May 20, 1960 Jack Klugman

The Four of Us are Dying Ep.13 Jan. 1, 1960

Such a great show, we've got the whole series so I'll be at this for awhile.

Aye boy don't spit in my drink!
I just finished watching the first season of The Wire and I am hooked! Some of the best television I've ever seen. Thank God for HBO. Now I gotta figure out if I'm gonna buy the other seasons or Netflix them.

More Twilight Zone, man this show is good! I haven't seen a lot of these since I was *cough* about 11 or 12.

Long Distance Call Ep.58, One of only six episodes shot on videotape to save money, so it looks a little funny. Rod thought it looked terrible (which it did) and they quickly went back to 35mil.

I Sing the Body Electric Ep.100, A robot or robut as they always seem to pronounce it in the show comes and joins the family after the mother dies and becomes the grandmother.

The Lonely Ep.7 Jack Warden, Another robut episode and a really good one too.

Probe 7 Over and Out Ep.129 This one was so good it was over before I realized it had really got going. A futuristic Adam and Eve story.

The Passerby Ep.69 A Ghost story.

The Grave Ep.72, What a cast! Lee Marvin and some guy named Lee Van Cleef, and for you fans of The Dukes of Hazard (I know you're out there lurking) a very young James Best or Roscoe P.Coltrane!

Deaths-Head Revisited Ep74, A very good episode.

Save the drama for your Mama
Well, you can't go wrong with The Twilight Zone! I watched many originally broadcast episodes, and then over and over again in reruns. Rod Serling was a visionary - his show, along with The Outer Limits, provided a major science fiction fix on a weekly basis.

Great stories,great writers, great actors.

Two is an interesting episode, love Bronson and Liz Montgomery.
I really liked I Sing the Body Electric as a child - which of course was written by Ray Bradbury.

A few other favorites:

Time Enough at Last
with Burgess Meredith

A typical ironic twist at the end of this tale of an anti-social bookworm who survives an H-bomb blast.

The Invaders, written by Richard Matheson (one of several episodes he wrote, and also the books I am Legend and the Incredible Shrinking Man)

A tour de force by Agnes Moorehead, as an old backwoods woman who fights off tiny creatures invading her farmhouse. Almost no dialog, and another fine twist ending.

The Eye of the Beholder and Number Twelve Looks Just Like You; two episodes about beauty and conformity that really gave me pause as a teenager. And those pig-faced people!

How about: Nothing in the Dark; a very sweet story which starred a young and dreamy Robert Redford as Death?

And who can forget To Serve Man, with those oh so benign aliens who've come to earth offering to help man?

With a tag line which I still use to this day
"To Serve Man - It's a Cookbook!!!!!"

Nightmare at 20,000 Feet

A classic with William Shatner, and reworked with a cameo for the movie.

Okay one more:

The Monsters are Due on Maple Street

"The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill, and suspicion can destroy, and the thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own for the children; the children yet unborn. And the pity of it is that these things cannot be confined to The Twilight Zone!"

Quite a show, indeed.

Exactly monkey punch, exactly

Beware The Probe!
Damn writers strike is messin with my TV time and I've heard some of the time slots will be changed when they do air again but this was my schedule up till recently...

MONDAY
Chuck
Heroes
Journeyman

TUESDAY
Reaper

WEDNESDAY
Bionic Woman
Pushing Daisies

THURSDAY
Smallville
Supernatural

SUNDAY
Family Guy
American Dad

DOWNLOADED
South Park
Stargate: Atlantis
The 4400
The Sara Connor Chronicles
The Shield

Sadly, I've heard that The Bionic Woman, Journeyman, and The 4400 may have already been cancelled so I'm not too happy there.

I've also started grabbing episodes of Charlie Jade and Kyle-XY off the net since I always missed them on the Space channel.

Sadly, I've heard that The Bionic Woman, , Journeyman, and The 4400 may have already been cancelled so I'm not too happy there.
Bionic Woman hasn't been canceled yet, but since the ratings have fallen so fast it doesn't look good. I don't know about the other 2 because I don't watch them and frankly I'm to lazy to search for it. The network ordered 13 ep's and now they are shut down because of the strike. Man, if this strike doesn't end soon we are in for some really bad T.V. next fall. I see you are downloading The Sarah Connor Chronicles, did you get all nine ep.s? That's how many they have scripts for but I don't know if they've filmed them all yet.

Beware The Probe!
I see you are downloading The Sarah Connor Chronicles, did you get all nine ep.s? That's how many they have scripts for but I don't know if they've filmed them all yet.
No, just the pilot was available for download a couple months ago but I think the actual episodes begin airing on TV this week anyway so...

I like it so far.
Nice little twist at the end of the first episode.
Some potential here, I hope they do it right.

Just really got into Buffy and am half way through season 2. Plan to see this till the end then move onto Angel

No, just the pilot was available for download a couple months ago but I think the actual episodes begin airing on TV this week anyway so...

I like it so far.
Nice little twist at the end of the first episode.
Some potential here, I hope they do it right.
I just found out that Summer Glau from Firefly is in this now I think I may just go ahead and watch it tonight and see what I think. She plays a Terminator, that should be pretty cool!

Beware The Probe!
Just really got into Buffy and am half way through season 2. Plan to see this till the end then move onto Angel
Both were great series'.
I'm not sure what Buffy season Angel began in (3 maybe?) but I know there were a couple episodes that tied into each series. Especially where Buffy's final episode in season 7 ended and Angel's first episode of season 5 began.

I just found out that Summer Glau from Firefly is in this now I think I may just go ahead and watch it tonight and see what I think. She plays a Terminator, that should be pretty cool!
"Come with me if you want to live!"

She also played a mental patient with mind control powers in that series The 4400 I mentioned earlier. I think you said you didn't know anything about the series.
Basicly 4400 people appear out of a ball of light in the pilot and it is learned that all had been abducted and missing over a 60 year period.
Now with no memories of their abductions they begin to learn they posess strange powers.

It was a pretty good series, imo, and it sucks that they cancelled it when they left us with a big cliff-hanger.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?

She also played a mental patient with mind control powers in that series The 4400 I mentioned earlier. I think you said you didn't know anything about the series.
Basicly 4400 people appear out of a ball of light in the pilot and it is learned that all had been abducted and missing over a 60 year period.
Now with no memories of their abductions they begin to learn they posess strange powers.

It was a pretty good series, imo, and it sucks that they cancelled it when they left us with a big cliff-hanger.
NOOOOOOOOOOOO I am going to SaveThe4400.com and sign that damn petition

Save the drama for your Mama
I find it harder and harder to keep up with TV schedules these days!

Heroes is the one show that I've made a point to sit down and watch every week. Very entertaining. I'm glad they at least came to a reasonable stopping point before the strike affected it. Suppose we won't be seeing it start back up anytime soon.

They could go ahead and rerun the fall episodes and it would be better than nothing, I suppose.

Monday
Desperate Housewives

Tuesday
Heroes
Prison Break

Wednesday
Reaper

Friday
Supernatural
Scrubs

and lately watching Moonlight

Ok, I watched the first 2 eps of Terminator The Sarah Connor Chronicles, not bad.
WARNING: "Teminator T.V." spoilers below
I'm actually Ok with how they decided to split off from the third film. Any time you go into the future or some other alternative time line it still leaves what came before intact and I like that. So them going into the future and jumping over Sarah's death in 2005 was a pretty interesting twist I thought.
Summer Glau is great as usual. God I miss Serenity. But I would rather see her on this show than not at all. I'm still just afraid that this is going to be the wrong network, why a show like this doesn't go straight to the Sci-fi channel I will never understand. But whatever, people are always looking for the next X-Files or Buffy the Vampire Slayer, well good luck! You gotta stick with them for awhile before they get that kind of following. You listening FOX? Aneeeeewaaaay, I'll be there with bells on next week and see what's crackin!

I'm also watching Medium while its still on for the time being and I still really love the show. I get that it's pretty predictable and why after all these years Allison isn't better at deciphering her dreams is a little silly but I'm a sap. So I still like it. Anjelica Huston is making a fine addition to the show so far this season and I believe she's set to be in 4 more ep's as of now.

A system of cells interlinked
Got season one of the X-files in the bargain bin before the holidays (15 bucks!), so I have been watching a couple episodes a night. Just watched Fallen Angel & Eve last night, the latter which I had remembered seeing another time. I think I picked the series up around season 2 or 3 when it first aired, as I don't remember many of these season one episodes, aside from Eve and the one with Tooms (Squeeze).

15 bucks? Nice! I love season 1 some of the best episodes imo, plus you really get a feel for Fox and just how paranoid he is. Tooms is just about totally creepy isn't he?

Yeah, remember earlier when I was saying I may in fact watch a little bad T.V. from time to time? This show could potentially qualify in some peoples books I imagine. I just watched the first 5 episodes of what amounted to only a 10 episode season before it was canceled yet again. I barely remember these shows, this small box set is certainly more informative. When I was a kid I hated it because there was no Apollo or Starbuck, but now I understand why and I'm enjoying it probably more than I should. Wikipedia has a pretty good synopsis of how this show got re-heated and why most of the original cast didn't return if you're interested.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
The Simpsons