Great Performances in Below Average Movies

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
What performances in movies were really good, but the movie would suck hard without that person????

Monster with Theron comes to my mind, along with Jackson in changing lanes.

Suspect's Reviews

Here to support the villians.......
Air Force One would have been pretty bad without Harrison Ford and Gary Oldman's performances.

So many good movies, so little time.
I really enjoyed Marlon Brando's bizarre performance in Missouri Breaks.

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."- Groucho Marx

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Paul Bettany in The Reckoning. Willem Defoe is great in it too, but the film doesn't gel and the only thing holding it together is Bettany's performance.

Christian Bale in Equilibrium. The film has a few other things going for it, but without such a strong actor (and capable of the physical stunts he had to do), it would have been a suckfest.

I am having a nervous breakdance
Jack Nicholson in Batman, Matt Dillon in The Outsiders, Philip Seymour Hoffman in Flawless.... well, that's it for now.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Movieline magazine used to have a regular feature on this very subject, which they dubbed "Greatish Performances". ANYway....

Robert Duvall in Open Range
Dustin Hoffman in Sleepers
John Hurt in Heaven's Gate
John Glover in 52 Pick-Up
Joan Cusack in In & Out
John Lithgow in 2010: The Year We Make Contact
Jeff Goldblum in Mad Dog Time
James Woods in True Crime
Christopher Walken in Envy
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Robert Deniro, Marlon Brando and Edward Norton in The Score

Can we try with real bullets now?
Samuel L. Jackson in The Negotiator

Put me in your pocket...
Robert De Niro ~Stanley & Iris (1990)
Jean Arthur ~The Talk of the Town (1942)
Kay Kendall ~The Reluctant Debutante (1958)

There are those who call me...Tim.
Liam Neeson in The Haunting. He was the only believable character of the lot (including the house).

Originally Posted by Misirlou
Samuel L. Jackson in The Negotiator
omg yes!

Just a girl who loves movies
Not quite a "bellow average" movie, 101 Dalmations - Glenn Close was awesome as Cruella de Ville. Fell in love with her that very moment

Dan O'Hurlehy in The Last Starfighter.

Welcome to the human race...
Johnny Depp as Agent Sands in Once Upon a Time in Mexico.

Nuff said.

Edward Norton in American History X was a god, but the movie seemed a bit boring and i honestly think it's a bit overrated.

A system of cells interlinked
Don Cheadle : Crash

Hey, people are going to mention The Shining (!!!) here, so I will mention this after-school special masquerading as a film.