The Movie Forums Top 100 of All-Time Refresh

→ in
Tools    

This list will be far different from the decade lists though...

One thing I noticed was recommendations threads and talk were less than when we did the 90s, 80s, 70s etc.
The 70s list for example, people were after recommendations, and giving out recommendations, as some hadn't maybe seen a lot of 70s movies...

... but with an All Time list, it's gonna be highly subjective.

Sure you can give out your thoughts and personal opinions, but you won't sway anyone one way or another about a list that's asking what the best of the best and most favourited movies are, while it's incorporating all genres, all directors, all styles from live action to animated and CGI, all actors and spanning all decades.

Gonna be a fun, disparate list fo' sho'

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I'll be surprised to see more than 1 make it.
Yea Infinity War is really good, but when you only have 25 places.......

I think the only contenders are a couple of Dark Knight movies.

Welcome to the human race...
Well one's favorite movie might be a marvel movie but none of them are objectively close from being the best of all time
I was being rhetorical.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
None of the movies on my list will make the list.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Hoping @Yoda creates the official countdown thread a little in advance to allow those that wish to make predictions for #100 & #99 in it before he begins the big reveal. I'm quite hopeful that a certain railway fillum might just sneak in at the lower end this time and take my correct predictions tally to 1/1002

Tie Xi Qu: West of the Tracks?
Absolutely not, I expect that one to finish much higher than the lower echelons

personally i just copied my 1-25 from the afi list. can’t stand any of ‘em but i figure they must be objectively the best

How dare you to just copy right off from the AFI list lol

I do indeed have the list. I thought about not looking and finding out some of it myself as we go, but...nah. I'm full galaxy brain. I know all now. Wow indeed, there's some...well, you'll see.

Not too long now, just need to finish some things up, technically. And yes, the thread will go up a bit in advance of #s 100 and 99.

Will you be giving the 'one-pointers' their five minutes of glory Yods? It's a good way to bridge any gap between thread creation and first countdown entries proper imo and I'd hate to think of you sitting there bored

Countdown begins ends in 50 minutes! Sexy Celebrity told me
Sounds more realistic now

A system of cells interlinked
Everything is calculated and in Yoda's hands.

Re: the list......wow.
Ah, so at this point we can all expect the number one film to be the 1981 classic, The Night the Lights Went Down in Georgia, starring Kristy McNichol, Dennis Quaid, and Mark Hamill?