3) Henry V
4) Crimes and Misdemeanors
5) Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Thanks for mentioning Crimes and Misdemeanors

Dead Poets Society
When Harry met Sally
Back To The Future II
Indiana Jones

Rough Top 5 cause there are a few I haven't seen in years...
  1. When Harry Met Sally
  2. Casualties of War
  3. Dead Calm
  4. Back to the Future Part II
  5. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

There are some films like Sex, Lies, and Videotape that might belong there, but it's been too long since I saw them to properly rank them.

I thought this movie was silly and unbelievable
That's because drugs are.

Back to the Future II
Batman
Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
Born on the Fourth of July
Crimes and Misdemeanors
Dead Poets Society
Dekalog
Do the Right Thing
Field of Dreams
The Fly II
Jason Takes Manhattan
Ghostbusters II
Honey, I Shrunk the Kids
Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade
Kiki's Delivery Service
Lethal Weapon 2
Major League
NL Christmas Vacation
The Punisher
Road House
See No Evil, Hear No Evil
Shocker
Uncle Buck

Do the Right Thing
Glory
Major League
Look who's Talking
Harlem Nights

I could pretty much lose all these films save for When Harry Met Sally. I would also keep Heathers.

As for the rest? If I had to lose one year in the 80s, this ain't a bad choice.

'89 was a year of sequels and unmemorable schlock with a few sappy sentimental entries (e.g., Field of Dreams). I would die a flaming death to save When Harry Met Sally from a flaming library of congress, but I dare say that '89 was no '82.

'89 was a year of sequels and unmemorable schlock with a few sappy sentimental entries (e.g., Field of Dreams). I would die a flaming death to save When Harry Met Sally from a flaming library of congress, but I dare say that '89 was no '82.
I respect your opinion on the year but the topic isn't 'describe what kind of year 89 was in comparison to other years' or 'all the films from '89 are going to catch fire which one would you save?' Just list your favs from 89..

But to satisfy your need for in-depth convo.. Before 1989 I've seen many classics but Do The Right Thing was the first one that could project the feeling of heat, hot weather, and actually made my body temp. rise, It was quite a unique experience to me, so I feel the need to always place it amongst my 80's favs when asked.. Has any film ever had this effect on you and if so, which one..?

I respect your opinion on the year but the topic isn't 'describe what kind of year 89 was in comparison to other years' or 'all the films from '89 are going to catch fire which one would you save?' Just list your favs from 89..

But to satisfy your need for in-depth convo.. Before 1989 I've seen many classics but Do The Right Thing was the first one that could project the feeling of heat, hot weather, and actually made my body temp. rise, It was quite a unique experience to me, so I feel the need to always place it amongst my 80's favs when asked.. Has any film ever had this effect on you and if so, which one..?
Do The Right Thing does effectively convey the sense of being constantly agitated from heat. There is something very weird about Lee's early work. It somehow seems more and less real most films, like a student film mated with a documentary.