Inglorious Bastards

Tools    

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0361748/

anyone else hear anything else bout this?

i have kown about this for a long time. Tarantino started writing the script a little after Jackie Brown but he stopped to make Kill Bill and now hes working on it again

never heard about it but it sounds like it has a good story too it.

If it's going to be a rip off of The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, as I've heard it will be, then Tarantino is just putting the final few nails in his own cinematic coffin.

I heard something about Adam Sandler being in the film or was it just another rumor?

I heard it was a remake of some 70's french movie.

No, it's not really a proposed re-make. And for the record guys, the words "glorious" and "inglorious" are different. Antonyms, actually.

There was a Italian expolitation adventure flick called Inglorious Bastards, and I think Quentin intends it as a basic model, but he's not remaking it so much as reworking it.

Tarantino has been talking about this "guys on a mission" film, Inglorious Bastards, for years. More than The Dirty Dozen or The Guns of Navarone, Quentin's favorite in the genre is Where Eagles Dare, starring Dick Burton and Clint Eastwood. Check out the body count in the final act of that film and you'll see the kind of movie Tarantino wants to make. But bloodier, of course.

I don't see how such a project could be very interesting at this stage, but whatever promise his first three movies held (though it was often difficult to see among his overpraise and hero worship) I think it's clear QT has more or less given up. Seems like he wants to be a Tony Scott or Michael Bay rather than a Scorsese or F.F. Coppola. WhatEVER.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Sounds like Holden got his heart broken by a not so QT.

You're a Genius all the time
Apparently, it's gonna start shooting in October and QT hopes to have it ready for Cannes in May '09. And the script sounds pretty flippin cool. A Tarantino directed cross between The Dirty Dozen and Cinema Paradiso with the possibility of a finale that involves Brad Pitt blowing apart Hitler's face during an Allied assault on an underground movie theater in Nazi-occupied France?

I am so in.

Do you wanna party? Its party time!
I'm hoping that he will end up making this. But I'm not holding my breath, and I'll believe it when I finally see a trailer of some sort that's legit.

As for QT I'm a big fan of his, but I feel like he's jerking his fans around to a certain extent. This is starting to get on my nerves.

Someone needs their fill.
Well since Death Proof made me a believer that he could be original than I'm in. Most of the action I'm guessing won't take place until the end of the film if he hopes to make it like The Dirty Dozen and Where Eagles Dare.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Ive heared about this for ages now and im chuffed he has continued with it, as ive not heared anything about it in a while I thought he scrapped the idea. I love all Tarantinos films so this ive got high hopes for

The original 1977 movie titled Inglorious Bastards is finally coming to DVD at the end of this month, as a three-disc special edition, no less! Starring NFL footballer turned actor Fred "The Hammer" Williamson (M*A*S*H, Black Caesar) and Bo Svenson (Delta Force, Kill Bill Vol. 2) directed by Spaghetti Western vet Enzo Castellari, it's a bloodier European exploitation take on The Dirty Dozen. You can watch the trailer to the original via YouTube right

Not surprisingly, Tarantino is a fan. He even appears in the extras of the upcoming DVD. Quentin has always said his favorite wartime "guys on a mission" movie is not Inglorious Bastards or The Dirty Dozen or even The Guns of Navarone or The Bridge On the River Kwai but Where Eagles Dare (1968) starring Richard Burton and Clint Eastwood.

Well since Death Proof made me a believer that he could be original than I'm in.
Really? His half of Grindhouse only convinced me he is spinning his wheels, creatively speaking. The only thing deadly about Death Proof is how tediously dull it was. Robert Rodriguez at least had some amped-up R-rated fun with his zombie tale. Tarantino put me to sleep.

But your mileage may vary. Apparently.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Pitt and DiCaprio are Tarantino's Bastards?