top 3 worst movies ( top of head)

Tools    

Castaway 2000-
This movie should win all three categories because it seemed as long as three epics. The highlight of this plotless, boring bomb is Tom Hanks falling in love with a coconut. Slosh slosh slosh.

He doesn't fall in love with a coconut, he falls in love with a volleyball.

Ah well, yes; and imho it's a a testimony to how forgettable this waterlogged movie was that I named the wrong orb as object of Tom's affections. However, I will change the identity of that scintillating sphere on the original post.

How can you call jeanne dielman one of the worst movies of all time.

Easily, the film is a pretentious bore it has nothing but contempt for the audience. Rarely do I think a film stole hours from my life but Jeanne Dielman did.

Welcome to the human race...
What exactly makes you think it has contempt for the audience, though?

Easily, the film is a pretentious bore it has nothing but contempt for the audience. Rarely do I think a film stole hours from my life but Jeanne Dielman did.
Its such a beautiful film though. At first glance you may think it could easily be replicated or that it's just some women walking around for 3 hours but it's actually a very elegantly filmed movie. Every frame is beautifully shot and the natural tension perfectly inserted. The long takes add a very natural tension while also putting the viewer into a relaxed state of mind because of the mundane tasks being performed. The dialogue is impeccable as it comes off both natural and unnatural adding to the understated sinister tone. Its a film that brings you into it's world and doesn't let you escape even though you might want too. A absolute tour de fource of the slow cinema movement.

Each of the three movies I picked is less than half as long as Jeanne DIelman but they all feel twice as long and, worse than having nothing happen, have wall-to-wall annoying bullsh*t happen. One of them even ends with the hero literally looking into the camera and flipping off the audience.

If I already think the whole film is good, then showing me a clip from it without any additional commentary and expecting the "contempt" to be self-evident doesn't answer the question.

A system of cells interlinked
Batman and Robin

The Exorcist II - The Heretic

Battlefield Earth

If I already think the whole film is good, then showing me a clip from it without any additional commentary and expecting the "contempt" to be self-evident doesn't answer the question.

If you think a woman prepping a veil cutlet is art...fine that's you but for me it's garbage.

That's your prerogative, but we're talking contempt for the audience here and I'd argue that anyone who thinks the film holds its entire audience in contempt is probably the exact fraction of the audience that deserves the contempt - if it's so painfully boring to have to watch this, imagine how it must feel to actually live it (which ultimately explains the ending).

That's your prerogative, but we're talking contempt for the audience here and I'd argue that anyone who thinks the film holds its entire audience in contempt is probably the exact fraction of the audience that deserves the contempt - if it's so painfully boring to have to watch this, imagine how it must feel to actually live it (which ultimately explains the ending).

The heavy handed message of sex and violence mixed with the mundane was not lost on me. You could tell the same story and make the same point in a 60 minute or 90 minute to waste 4 hours on it is contemptible. And also not original, it's really just ripping off Warhol's work from 10 years earlier.

You could tell the same story and make the same point in a 60 minute or 90 minute to waste 4 hours on it is contemptible
But you can't . The way time passes in the film is so essential.

What can I say, it's a movie that seems like its only reason for existing is to piss me off with its cinematically ugly and painfully juvenile nonsense.

The heavy handed message of sex and violence mixed with the mundane was not lost on me. You could tell the same story and make the same point in a 60 minute or 90 minute to waste 4 hours on it is contemptible. And also not original, it's really just ripping off Warhol's work from 10 years earlier.
The length is the point, though - it simply wouldn't be as effective if it was only 60-90 minutes long. What Warhol is it ripping off exactly? The one that's just an eight-hour shot of the Empire State Building?

Titanic (Watch Night to Remember instead)
All the Twilight Movies (and books unless you are reading for hysterical laughter)

You said of the top of my head, and those are what come to mind immediately.

Year One is my idea of a really, really, really, really bad movie. The Love Guru could probably make the list, but I'd actually like to see it again just to make sure -- Year One is definitely more boring.
I know I'm responding to a 7 year old post, but I think I listed Year One (2009) as a "guilty pleasure" somewhere. Sure, it's a bad movie, but it's got some silly fun in it.
Notable among its cast are: David Cross, Hank Azaria, Oliver Platt and the late great Harold Ramis!

It's kind of like a filler chapter for Mel Brook's History of the World. People think at first glance that it's another Caveman movie, but it's not - it actually spoofs the book of Genesis - and I kind of like Bible spoof movies!