Will Eisner's The Spirit

Tools    

In his solo directing debut Frank Miller brings us The Spirit, some of you are probably already aware of this movie, it went into production last year and now it's moving right along and even now has a potential release date of 1/16/09. I've never read the comic but the story sounds pretty good and I like Miller's style.

Rookie cop Denny Colt returns from the beyond as The Spirit, a hero whose mission is to fight against the bad forces in Central City.

Here's the cast and I must say they have some serious winners on here.

Gabriel Macht: The Spirit / Denny Colt
Scarlett Johansson: Silken Floss
Samuel L. Jackson: The Octopus
Eva Mendes: Sand Saref
Jaime King: Lorelei Rox
Paz Vega: Plaster of Paris

Obviously there's more but those are some of the "heavies" and man did they ever get some nice looking "heavies". At the very least this is going to be a movie that's easy on the eyes.

Here's a poster:

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
woopsie doopsie, created a thread about this, here Caitlyn if you could use those magical dictator powers and delete my old thread.

Release Date: January 16, 2009
Studio: Lionsgate
Director: Frank Miller
Screenwriter: Frank Miller
Starring: Gabriel Macht, Samuel L. Jackson, Scarlett Johansson, Eva Mendes, Sarah Paulson, Paz Vega, Jaime King, Dan Lauria, Stana Katic, Johnny Simmons, Louis Lombardi
Genre: Action, Adventure
MPAA Rating: Not Available
Official Website: Lionsgate.com/TheSpirit
Review: Not Available
DVD Review: Not Available
DVD: Not Available
Movie Poster: Not Available
Production Stills: View here
Plot Summary: Adapted from the legendary comic book series created by Will Eisner, "The Spirit" is a classic action-adventure-romance written for the screen and directed by genre-twister Frank Miller (creator of "300" and "Sin City"). It is the story of a former rookie cop who returns mysteriously from the dead as the Spirit (Gabriel Macht) to fight crime from the shadows of Central City. His arch-enemy, the Octopus (Samuel L. Jackson) has a different mission: he's going to wipe out Spirit's beloved city as he pursues his own version of immortality. The Spirit tracks this cold-hearted killer from Central City's rundown warehouses, to the damp catacombs, to the windswept waterfront... all the while facing a bevy of beautiful women who either want to seduce, love or kill our masked crusader. Surrounding him at every turn are Ellen Dolan (Sarah Paulson), the whip-smart girl-next-door; Silken Floss (Scarlett Johansson), a punk secretary and frigid vixen; Plaster of Paris (Paz Vega), a murderous French nightclub dancer; Lorelei (Jaime King), a phantom siren; and Morgenstern (Stana Katic), a sexy young cop. Then of course, there's Sand Saref (Eva Mendes), the jewel thief with dangerous curves. She's the love of his life turned bad. Will he save her or will she kill him? In the vein of "Batman Begins" and "Sin City," "The Spirit" takes us on a sinister, gut-wrenching ride with a hero who is born, murdered and born again.

Trailer:
Coming Soon!

copied from: here

sounds very... well Spider-man in Sin City

Someone needs their fill.
Frank Miller's a busy man these days.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I wish this looked more like the actual comic "The Spirit" and not Sin City 2.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

The first poster I put in this thread is more along the lines of what the actual comic looks like.
No it doesn't. That's CLEARLY Frank Miller's rendition of The Spirit. Which is fine, but that is what it is. Eisner's style is very different....

By the way, if you're not familiar with one or the other of these comic legends, there's a really good book where they essentially interview each other, along the basic lines of what Hitchcock/Truffaut was for those two great film directors. It's called Eisner/Miller, published by Dark Horse. In the interest of full disclosure, I am named in the thank yous as I read over the manuscript for my friend who was editing it and she was nice enough to formally mention me.

But even if I or my friend had absolutely nothing to do with it, it's a good book.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra