Superman: The Man of Steel

Tools    

The plot of Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan will be this film's related plot, where Superman will fight an alien villain. Dan Harris says there will be more than one villain. New Krypton is an idea and might be used to surround the plot once more, which was the same plot from Superman Returns. The New Krypton will unknowingly be floating in space until its discovery. Man of Steel will be "2 hours 7 minutes" long, unlike Superman Returns, with an entire running time for "2 hours 34 minutes". The poster and costume designers want Superman to look like an "angry God". Filming (rumored) is currently taking place in Hawaii and the running time predictions were given from Dan Harris, because the filming is almost done.

RUMOR: The film is said that this will not be a sequel to SUPERMAN RETURNS, but SUPERMAN IV: THE QUEST FOR PEACE. Even though SUPERMAN RETURNS is part 5, part 6 will follow the adventures of the old superman.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
If that is true well it would be awsome as the last superman film did suck so bad. It would be cool if they went with this story line.

ANNOUNCEMENT: I updated the post with more info. Feel free to reread the post.

The plot of Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan will be this film's related plot, where Superman will fight an alien villain. Dan Harris says there will be more than one villain. New Krypton is an idea and might be used to surround the plot once more, which was the same plot from Superman Returns. The New Krypton will unknowingly be floating in space until its discovery. Man of Steel will be "2 hours 7 minutes" long, unlike Superman Returns, with an entire running time for "2 hours 34 minutes". The poster and costume designers want Superman to look like an "angry God". Filming (rumored) is currently taking place in Hawaii and the running time predictions were given from Dan Harris, because the filming is almost done.

RUMOR: The film is said that this will not be a sequel to SUPERMAN RETURNS, but SUPERMAN IV: THE QUEST FOR PEACE. Even though SUPERMAN RETURNS is part 5, part 6 will follow the adventures of the old superman.
Which I also think is a very good idea, SUPERMAN RETURNS was just a prequel, SUPERMAN: THE MAN OF STEEL should just go on with the original storyline.

The rumors are that filming is almost done, but why would it be a 2009 or 2011 release, why not 2008. Then again, it does take a while to do the editing for a long movie like this.

Someone needs their fill.
Could you post the link to your source?

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Isn't this just meatwad with a new account?

Suspect's Reviews

This is has not been filmed yet, nor is there a cast. And there is not even a release date yet. Bryan Singer will return to direct and writers Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman (Transformers, J.J. Abrams’s Star Trek) will replace Superman Returns scribes Michael Dougherty and Dan Harris. Brandon Routh will return.

Originally Posted by meatwadmonk
Dan Harris says there will be more than one villain. New Krypton is an idea and might be used to surround the plot once more, which was the same plot from Superman Returns. The New Krypton will unknowingly be floating in space until its discovery. Man of Steel will be "2 hours 7 minutes" long, unlike Superman Returns, with an entire running time for "2 hours 34 minutes". The poster and costume designers want Superman to look like an "angry God". Filming (rumored) is currently taking place in Hawaii and the running time predictions were given from Dan Harris, because the filming is almost done.

Dan Harris has nothing to do with film so what was said earlier is plain crap.

Last I heard WB wasn't too thrilled with the prospect. I wouldn't be surprised to see them chuck Singer to the curb and get someone else, if they even get around to making it.

...uh the post is up there...

Look at some of the sources/cites for that section...some come from as early as 2006, and if you read them, they say things like "unwritten sequel." They also mention Singer as the director, despite the fact that recent reports suggest he won't, in fact, be returning.

Sorry, this may become a film, but as of right now it's just a rumor. Look at the actual sources and you'll see that they're outdated, and were nothing more than people discussing possibilities to begin with.

A system of cells interlinked
Someone new with a bunch of bad info, you mean? Do some research, please.

First off, Superman Returns, according to the director, recognizes Superman and Superman II while disregarding Superman III and IV. So it comes in 5 years after the events of Superman II. This is common knowledge, and has been confirmed by the creators of Superman Returns. Actually, Singer recognizes the original Richard Donner cut of Superman II, which makes the kid in Superman Returns possible.

Also, Star Trek II:The Wrath of Kahn? I think I speak for everyone here when I ask just what the hell you are talking about? The villain in Star Trek II wasn't an alien, but a genetically enhanced human whose character originated in the original series. Meanwhile, I can't see how someone could attempt to link those two films. They just don't have a damn thing to do with one another.

That said, Dan Harris is certainly NOT directing Superman:Man of Steel. Bryan Singer is, and it's also slated for release in 2009, not 2011.

Here is the IMDB link on the film, which clearly states the films release as well as clearly showing Singer at the helm.

Who is this "old" Superman you refer to? Superman Returns is the same old Superman character from the other films (Superman I and II), and yes, this is a direct continuation of that franchise, as pretty much everyone else on the planet knows, and has known for sometime now.

There will never be a sequel to the wretchedly bad Superman IV: The Quest for Peace. Terrible film, and is still recognized as such by, again, pretty much everyone on the entire planet. No studio would ever have anything to do with that turd, ever again.

The fact is whether you liked SR or not, WB nearly lost their ass, and was still a disappointment. I think it's highly unlikely we'll see a sequel to SR, maybe another Superman movie but not for a while kind of like a relaunch like the incredible Hulk.

A system of cells interlinked
Wiki? You realize that is a user defined/edited encyclopedia, correct? This means YOU could have written all this, for all I know. Thanks, but, no thanks. Have a real, film related source?

No, because there isn't one.

Yea, a lot of this does sound like BS, but I personally would be very surprised if Singer directs the next film. WB was expecting a big chunk of change, instead they were left with a clunker. I think they'll try to go in a more Batman begins direction with the next one. That explains the 2010 or 2011 release date.

2011? Wow that seems along way from Superman Returns. I hope it does continue the story from Superman IV. It would reboot the series like Batman Begins did to the Batman series.

Well, last I heard it was loosely a 2010, but maybe 2011. Either way WB doesn't seem excited about it.

Well, last I heard it was loosely a 2010, but maybe 2011. Either way WB doesn't seem excited about it.
I wouldn't doubt it... Superman Returns was the best superhero movie that had come up in a while. They should have left it alone, but then again it does seem quite interesting.

Look at some of the sources/cites for that section...some come from as early as 2006, and if you read them, they say things like "unwritten sequel." They also mention Singer as the director, despite the fact that recent reports suggest he won't, in fact, be returning.

Sorry, this may become a film, but as of right now it's just a rumor. Look at the actual sources and you'll see that they're outdated, and were nothing more than people discussing possibilities to begin with.

Just as I thought, WB is giving him the boot. That explains all the stammering and stalling when a sequel is mentioned.