THE DARK KNIGHT (Nolan's BATMAN sequel)

Tools    

You're a Genius all the time
Wonder if the Joker lives through the movie...
Yeah, that's something that not a lot of people are talking about. Not only did Ledger play a psychopathic, murderous clown in his final role, but there's a good chance he dies some horrible death in the end. Is it strange that Ledger's death has made me more anxious to see the movie?

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
WARNING: "The Dark Knight" spoilers below
I've read in numerous articles that The Joker lives in this film.

Suspect's Reviews

rex
Maybe that's the whole point. When he turns into Two-Face he won't be pretty anymore.
yeah i agree

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Yeah, that's something that not a lot of people are talking about. Not only did Ledger play a psychopathic, murderous clown in his final role, but there's a good chance he dies some horrible death in the end. Is it strange that Ledger's death has made me more anxious to see the movie?
the idea was that Ledger would have a cameo in a proposed third Batman film, but for obvious reasons thats not going to happen.

Is it strange that Ledger's death has made me more anxious to see the movie?
Nope. I bet many people feel the same way, too.

Someone needs their fill.
Meaning if they decide to include the Joker in a sequel.

Meaning if they decide to include the Joker in a sequel.
They can't cause that would mean they'll have to change the cast and we all know what happens to sequels with different casts

They can't cause that would mean they'll have to change the cast and we all know what happens to sequels with different casts
They've already changed the cast for this film.

Although, I highly doubt they will re-cast the role for the next.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
My vote for the next movie:

SCARECROW

Not sure why he is not that well known, he is my 2nd favorite (who doesn't love the Joker)

In the Beginning...
My vote for the next movie:

SCARECROW

Not sure why he is not that well known, he is my 2nd favorite (who doesn't love the Joker)
Wasn't he already featured in Batman Begins? They could revisit the character (and I think he deserved a little more screentime than he got), but I imagine Nolan is going to move on. He's already setting up Edward Nygma and Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight, so I imagine we'll see The Riddler and Two-Face in the near future.

Wasn't he already featured in Batman Begins? They could revisit the character (and I think he deserved a little more screentime than he got), but I imagine Nolan is going to move on. He's already setting up Edward Nygma and Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight, so I imagine we'll see The Riddler and Two-Face in the near future.
Yes, I was talking pretty much like a re-visit but in the creadits to the Dark Knight, it says he is coming back, yeah I get my wish!

In the Beginning...
Yes, I was talking pretty much like a re-visit but in the creadits to the Dark Knight, it says he is coming back, yeah I get my wish!
Well, looking at that, I'd be real surprised if the Scarecrow's involvement in the story is anything more than a shot of Jonathan Crane straight-jacketed in a psych ward with some doctor speaking a few words about his condition. From the beginning of the marketing campaign, the focus has clearly been The Joker, which is who everyone and their dog wants to see. I can't imagine Nolan using any other antagonist who might steal his thunder.

EDIT: Wow, I just noticed that Barbara Gordon and Harley Quinn will also appear in TDK. Now that's some interesting stuff. Also, William Fichtner playing only an unnamed bank manager? Maybe I'm seeing nothing, but in Batman Begins, Liam Neeson was only credited as "Henri Ducard," and by now we're all aware of how tricksey Nolan and crew like to get.

They've already changed the cast for this film.

Although, I highly doubt they will re-cast the role for the next.
No they didn't look at the cast man, same form Begins, except for the newcomers,...........

Cast
(Cast overview, first billed only)

Christian Bale ... Bruce Wayne / Batman

Michael Caine ... Alfred Pennyworth

Heath Ledger ... The Joker

Maggie Gyllenhaal ... Rachel Dawes

Gary Oldman ... Lt. James Gordon

Morgan Freeman ... Lucius Fox

Eric Roberts ... Salvatore Maroni

Aaron Eckhart ... Harvey Dent/Two-Face(Two Face not confirmed yet)

Cillian Murphy ... Dr. Jonathan Crane / The Scarecrow

Anthony Michael Hall ... Mike Engel

Monique Curnen ... Det. Ramirez

Nestor Carbonell ... Mayor

Joshua Harto ... Reese

Michael Jai White ... Gamble

Chucky Venice ... Gamble's Bodyguard

Well, looking at that, I'd be real surprised if the Scarecrow's involvement in the story is anything more than a shot of Jonathan Crane straight-jacketed in a psych ward with some doctor speaking a few words about his condition. From the beginning of the marketing campaign, the focus has clearly been The Joker, which is who everyone and their dog wants to see. I can't imagine Nolan using any other antagonist who might steal his thunder.

EDIT: Wow, I just noticed that Barbara Gordon and Harley Quinn will also appear in TDK. Now that's some interesting stuff. Also, William Fichtner playing only an unnamed bank manager? Maybe I'm seeing nothing, but in Batman Begins, Liam Neeson was only credited as "Henri Ducard," and by now we're all aware of how tricksey Nolan and crew like to get.
Nope to Harley
and Nope to Barbara

In the Beginning...
I'm going to consider this FAQ hearsay until the final film is released. If you read close to the top, you'll find this disclaimer:

The content of this page was created directly by users and has not been screened or verified by IMDb staff.
I don't trust much of anything that just anyone can write up and submit. Hell, I could change every bit of that right now if I wanted to. At least the tentative cast list is maintained by IMDB staff who, I would hope, substantiates their info with credible sources.

Yeah, what Mark said. They re-cast that role.

As for Fichtner....he is a bank manager, did no one see the ten minute clip that is the opening to TDK?

Maggie Gyllenhaal ... Rachel Dawes

thank god! Maggie is way better than Katie Holmes, has noone seen Sherrybaby?

In the Beginning...
As for Fichtner....he is a bank manager, did no one see the ten minute clip that is the opening to TDK?
Ah, found it and watched it. Bizarre that he was cast in such a small role (relatively). I would have thought he deserved something a little bigger.

As for Sherrybaby, I've seen it, and Maggie Gyllenhaal is fantastic.