Speed Racer

Tools    

Was that car an hmm the classic modified batmobile?

I've read that once again The Wachowski brothers have done some innovative things in this movie, like they did in The Matrix. I'm pretty stoked to see this.

Someone needs their fill.
I just want to see if Trixie has that cute little red helmet to match her dress:
and...

My life isn't written very well.
Go CGI Go!

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

You know, I can see what kind of mood they're going for with this and all, but I'm just not feeling it. The story itself looks kind of serious, but the mood is so cartoony. I can dig on movie which is intentionally "hyper-realistic" or over-the-top, but the trailer just rubbed me the wrong way for some reason.

I hope I'm wrong about this one, though.

Have you ever seen the cartoon Yoda? It's pretty over the top in its own right. I thought the trailer looked pretty good. I'm probably a bad judge though, kinda in the bag for all things Wachoski.

My life isn't written very well.
Yeah Yoda (Boy you don't like any trailers lately--somethin you wanna tell us? )it didn't do anything for me either. Speed Racer was a good cartoon (huh car-toon, heh!) that will not translate well into live action: it's actually impossible to make a good live action film out of it! Now had they done ALL CGI,see Beouwolf, that would have been a better way to go.

I don't know if anyone remembers the cartoon, but Powdered's right: it's way over the top. And when I was a kid I watched it because it had race cars and the stories were pretty awesome: of course I never got why their mouths would open suddenly and freeze that way for seconds at a time.

I am after those cool cars. Like this Mach 5.

I really liked the trailer, it's so hideously bright and cheerful looking! I'm not a fan of the original show, but I do like the theme song from the Italian version:

I remember the G-force anime in this movie, I will
never let this one just pass by and that's for sure!

I just know they're coming to kill me.
Ok now I love the cartoon and all, but I've seen the trailer and the movie looks absolutely corny as hell.
I concur. The film's special effects look real cheap in my opinion, and what Yoda said, it's like they put serious character's into a cartoony world. That's a bad combination.

I really don't remember the cartoon even being this out of control.

Something tells me this is going to be like another summer blockbuster esque film with no concern on plot, but rather on special effects.

Someone needs their fill.
I concur. The film's special effects look real cheap in my opinion, and what Yoda said, it's like they put serious character's into a cartoony world. That's a bad combination.

I really don't remember the cartoon even being this out of control.

Something tells me this is going to be like another summer blockbuster esque film with no concern on plot, but rather on special effects.
I don't care, it still looks awesome. Serious character's into a cartoony world? What about Enchanted? Cool World? Not great films by any standards, but, come on, you've got to appreciate a Speed Racer movie!

I just know they're coming to kill me.
I don't care, it still looks awesome. Serious character's into a cartoony world? What about Enchanted? Cool World? Not great films by any standards, but, come on, you've got to appreciate a Speed Racer movie!
I would if it looked true to the cartoon. Sure, the character's fill the parts, but I don't remember a crazy racing track like the one in the movie. Correct me if I'm wrong.

And when I was a kid I watched it because it had race cars and the stories were pretty awesome: of course I never got why their mouths would open suddenly and freeze that way for seconds at a time.
It really wasn't a very good show was it? I used to think that same thing! "What's wrong with they're mouths?"

Do they still show this on cartoon network or some channel like that? Movie maker just mentioned the goofy race track. I seem to remember them racing in all kinds of bizarre places, wasn't there an episode where they were racing and like jumping across mountain tops? Yeah geez, I really hope they stick to the integrity of the show.

Lets put a smile on that block
Two new trailers are up:

HERE

AND HERE

And after watching both of those, i now finally have a healthy desire to see this. When i first heard about this i was intrigued, but mostly because the Wachowski's were connected to it. Other than that i had no real reason, coz i likes those spooky brothers i do. I even liked all the Matrix films. I think i was too young to enjoy the cartoon, or maybe it was more of an American thing because i don't really remember seeing it over here in the UK. But anyway, i think this looks really interesting. I like the heavily stylised world they've created here, and i'm keen to see if just for the look of it alone. Whether it will be any good i have no idea, but already i can see that it looks incredible. WOOP.