For a Limited Time Only, Receive Free Positive Rep

Tools    

Please sir may I have some more?

Female assassin extraordinaire.
dude, i've given +1 to just about every post on here so far i think.

HOOK ME UP! please?

oh wait, won't yoda come find this and be mad and tear it up and spit on it and throw it out?

oh wait, won't yoda come find this and be mad and tear it up and spit on it and throw it out?

Chicken

I love positive reps. They make me feel loved when I am truly not.

I love positive reps. They make me feel loved when I am truly not.

In the Beginning...
Well, if I'm going to get positive rep just for posting, I might as well post something substantial so I'll at least feel like I deserved it. So here's an interesting-but-altogether-useless bit of info from The Mothman Prophecies by John Keel:

"There is an old house on a tree-lined street in New York's Greenwich Village which harbors a strange ghost. Hanz Holzer and other ghost-chasers have included the house in their catalogs of haunted places. The phantom has been seen by several people in recent years. It is dressed in a long black cape and wears a wide-brimmed slouch hat pulled down over its eyes as it slinks from room to room. Self-styled parapsychologists have woven all kinds of fantasies around this apparition. Obviously a spy from the Revolutionary War was caught and killed in the old house.

But wait. This ghost may not be a member of the restless dead at all. There were never any reports of hauntings there until about 20 years ago, after the house was vacated by a writer named Walter Gibson. He was, and is, and extraordinarily prolific author. For many years he churned out a full-length novel each month, and many of those novels were written in the house in Greenwich Village. All of them were centered around the spectacularly successful character Gibson created in the 1930s, that nemesis of evil known as The Shadow. If you have read any of The Shadow novels you know that he was fond of lurking in dark alleys dressed in a cape and a broad-brimmed slouch hat.

Why would a Shadow-like apparition suddenly appear in an old house? Could it be some kind of residue from Walter Gibson's very powerful mind? We do know that some people can move objects, even bend spoons and keys, with the power of their minds alone. Mental telepathy is now a tested and verified phenomenon. And about 10 percent of the population have the ability to see above and beyond the narrow spectrum of visible light. They can see radiations and even objects invisible to the rest of us. A very large part of the UFO lore is, in fact, based upon the observations of such people. What seems normal to them seems abnormal, even ridiculous, to the rest of us. People who see ghosts or the wandering Shadow have these abilities. They are peering at forms that are always there, always present around us like radio waves, and when certain conditions exist they can see these things. The Tibetans believe that advanced human minds can manipulate these invisible energies into visible forms called tulpas, or thought projections. Did Walter Gibson's intense concentration on his Shadow novels inadvertantly bring a tulpa into existence?"

Well, if I'm going to get positive rep just for posting, I might as well post something substantial so I'll at least feel like I deserved it. So here's an interesting-but-altogether-useless bit of info from The Mothman Prophecies by John Keel:
i read this and laughed laughed laughed ...

Randomly visiting for now
heh this thread is full of really random posts. I wonder why the little green blobs are so seductive. I know with the old system i was always wanting more of them :P Now i'm not so fussed, especially cause i don't post very often. But it's always fun to see how people trade rep sometimes, kind of like a 'if you scratch my back' deal.