Boxing Scoring/Results/Judging/Decisions Thread

Tools    

Let the night air cool you off
Judging in boxing can often time be very, very, very, very, very, very awful. Sometimes it's good. Max Kellerman says judging doesn't matter because he knows who won the fight. I'd say it does matter, if only because it's a real sport and not pro wrestling. But I don't want to stray too far from the topic: I want to use this thread to discuss my opinion on some boxing decisions after I watch fights.

I just watched the GGG vs Canelo fight. What everybody says about Adelaide Byrd appears to be correct. She had it 118-110 in favor of Canelo... I thought GGG won the fight 117-111, but I'd be willing to go with you if you had Canelo with a couple more rounds. 118-110 Canelo? No way. Admittedly, I'm a novice when it comes to knowledge on pugilism, but I think GGG's jab, pressure, footwork, and pace allowed him to rack up the rounds on Canelo. Canelo took the shots well and landed the bigger shots, but he resorted to fighting up against the ropes and let GGG do what he wanted to do for most of the fight.

Even if it is only Camo that responds, I'm interested in hearing other opinions on this. Also curious about other fights somebody might want to talk about.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
Kellerman...ffs...don’t get me started. It does matter. Is about their careers, their legacy. Kovalev should have a win against ward now he is done and people will claim he was a hype job as they are doing.

Adelaide Byrd was either corrupt or is seriously incompetent. She should be fired but kept her job which makes me think the former.

Kellerman...ffs...don’t get me started. It does matter. Is about their careers, their legacy. Kovalev should have a win against ward now he is done and people will claim he was a hype job as they are doing.

Adelaide Byrd was either corrupt or is seriously incompetent. She should be fired but kept her job which makes me think the former.
I watched both Ward/Kovalev fights today. I had Kov winning the first fight by a point or two, but at worst I thought a draw would have been appropriate. No controversy with the result of the rematch.

I watched both Ward/Kovalev fights today. I had Kov winning the first fight by a point or two, but at worst I thought a draw would have been appropriate. No controversy with the result of the rematch.
It was a close fight no doubt. The majority thought Kovalev did enough...a draw would of been fine. The second fight ward was on his way to stopping Kovalev, some tight rounds. Strange stoppage though and clear low blows. Maybe ward would have stopped him soon after but kov sure could have used a couple minutes recovery..up ton5 is usually granted after a nut shot.

Pretty ugly fights those...anything with ward in it really. Who are you following at the moment? I like...Spence, Crawford, Loma, Hurd, Bivol,m Garcia and love ggg however unfortunately he’s getting old.

Pretty ugly fights those...anything with ward in it really. Who are you following at the moment? I like...Spence, Crawford, Loma, Hurd, Bivol,m Garcia and love ggg however unfortunately he’s getting old.
I had been bouncing in and out of caring about the sport, but recently I've been watching a lot Canelo, Loma, and GGG fights. I'm going to watch some Mikey Garcia fights soon, because he seems likeable.

I had been bouncing in and out of caring about the sport, but recently I've been watching a lot Canelo, Loma, and GGG fights. I'm going to watch some Mikey Garcia fights soon, because he seems likeable.
Garcia’s very good. Very solid technically. Maybe the best in terms of fundamentals etc etc today aside from Loma who’s just very special. If you like ggg you’d love Errol Spence jr and Jarrett Hurd a huge smw. Lots of action.