Vanilla Sky/Abre Los Ojos

Tools    

I saw Vanilla Sky first when it came out, I was like 12, and I thought it was the dumbest movie I've ever seen.

Well, I'm a little older and smarter, so I decided to re-watch it. And I liked it. It had a sort of Spotless Mind feel to it. It wasn't breathtaking, but I like psychological films like this.

So my question is: Is Abre Los Ojos worth me watching? I heard it was better, but how much better? Penelope Cruz did not amaze me in Vanilla Sky, so I don't see how she could be exponentially better in her native language.

But I could be wrong. Any thoughts?

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
It's loads better. But I don't know how much you would appreciate it having seen Vanilla Crap first, because the twists and everything would be known to you so it wouldn't have quite the same surprise element as watching it first.

Cruz is better in her native language, as she is less awkward in delivering dialogue. Plus, if you like that kind of thing, she takes her top off more.

Abre los Ojos is in general better acted and less heavy handed than Vanilla Sky. Plus, you know, it did it all first.

I find that I cannot seem to command the English language to express my thoughts and argue my points effectively today, anywhere. But yes, Abre los Ojos is better.