Jrs' Sequel Buzz Thread

Tools    

It was just a comment on how this makes things a little more complicated.
lol how on earth is it complicted? I did this before and you were one of the people who raved at the thread. Now you're tellin me it's complicated. LMFAO

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Well yeah, let's say I want to search for Saw #2893482394303 in a lot of years from now. (Trust me, at the current trend it'll happen.) So I search the forums like a smart guy, instead of seeing a topic devoted to the info on this probably horrible sequel, I come across this thread, and have to search through 200 pages (which, at this rate will be next week) to get this info.

If you didn't get that try searching for John McClane's rating of You Got Mail in Movie Tab II. It'd kind of be like that.

A system of cells interlinked
Good work, JRS.

As usual...

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
My suggestion for creating a "table of contents," would be to link each movie title to the post in which that movie is mentioned, via the first post. Just a suggestion, however.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

My suggestion for creating a "table of contents," would be to link each movie title to the post in which that movie is mentioned, via the first post. Just a suggestion, however.
I just might do that. Good suggestion ... but there are (and will be) here and there more than one post to a movie. So it will kinda difficult in the long run.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I just might do that. Good suggestion ... but there are (and will be) here and there more than one post to a movie.
True, which you could just bounce off each post. Someone clicks on the link of the movie, which takes them to the first post. Within that post, there's a link to an update on said movie, and so on.

That way, the information is never hard to find, nor update.

Theatrical Trailer for Disney's Toy Story & Toy Story 2 in 3D

Disney is re-releasing both Toy Story and Toy Story 2 this October in 3D. Both of the movies were completely re-rendered in 3D using all of the original files and will be shown back-to-back (with a break in between them) in theaters for just a few weeks. Yahoo has debuted the official theatrical trailer for this double feature and it's quite fun to watch (just like the trailer for Toy Story 3).

To see the trailer on Yahoo click here. Enjoy!

Source: FirstShowing.net

The Nightmare on Elm Street Teaser Debuts at Comic- Con

Warner Bros. just debuted the first teaser trailer for the upcoming re-imagining of A Nightmare on Elm Street, including a full look at Jackie Earle Haley in the Freddy Krueger makeup.

The trailer starts with Freddy (still alive) being chased down a dark street by the mob that winds up killing him. He's shouting that he's innocent, but the mob corners him and burns him alive. As the flames come around him, he tears off his jacket, revealing the iconic sweater. We hear the "One, two, Freddy's coming for you" song being sung by children and flashes of kids all around a graveyard. One little girl has the claws slashed across her dress.

There's a girl in her room, reaching for something on a shelf and suddenly's Freddy's head is there, staring at her from behind. A number of kids are shown, obviously under the effect of Freddy's dream powers. One seems to be having a seizure on a rooftop and another is trying to burn herself with a car cigarette lighter.

There's a basement, filled with pipes and Freddy moving through the darkness, getting closer and closer to the camera between flashes of victims before the logo comes up.

A Nightmare on Elm Street
is set to hit theaters April 30, 2010.

Source: Shock Till You Drop

*According to Brad Fuller on his Twitter page, the teaser trailer will NOT be seen on the net anytime soon.

New Photo from Rob Zombie's Halloween II

ShockTillYouDrop.com has just released an exclusive new photo from Rob Zombie's Halloween II - the sequel to the 2007 redo which hits theaters in a month. The photo is of Scout Taylor-Compton and Tyler Mane reprising their roles as Laurie Strode and Michael Myers.

Source: Shock Till You Drop

Tony Gilroy Rewriting Red Dawn Remake, Cast and Plot Announced

Red Dawn
According to Latino Review, they’ve learned that the folks behind the upcoming “Red Dawn” remake recently hired writer Tony Gilroy to rewrite the script by Carl Ellsworth and Jeremy Passmore that most of the plot details from the movie have been derived from so far. Gilroy delivered his script this past June, though they haven’t had a sneak peek at it, so it’s a mystery what Gilroy took out or added.

The filmmakers behind the remake have already publicly stated that they want to do a grittier, more “realistic” action movie in the vein of the “Bourne” films (hello, shaky cams!), no surprise given that Bradley was second unit director on the franchise for a while, and the franchise’s success seems to have made an impression on him and the people footing the bill. Tony Gilroy, meanwhile, was the writer on all three “Bourne” films, so it stands to reason his introduction to the remake is primarily to make it more “Bourne”-ish.

The Hollywood Reporter announced that Josh Peck and Adrianne Palicki will star alongside Chris Hemsworth (Star Trek). Hemsworth will play the group's leader, Jed Eckert (originally played by Patrick Swayze), and Peck will be reprising Charlie Sheen's role as Jed's younger brother, with Palicki filling in for Jennifer Grey as the tough-as-nails fighter and love interest for Jed. In the original film, our heroes went up against invading Communist hoards, but for the update it has been changed from Communists to a more generic threat of Russian and Chinese military.

Red Dawn is to begin filming in September, the film is scheduled to hit theaters Sept. 24, 2010.

Source: Latino Review via Beyond Hollywood and The Hollywood Reporter

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Well I'm dissapointed.

True Blood's Alexander Skarsgard cast for 'Straw Dogs' Remake

Variety confirms that True Blood leading man Alexander Skarsgard has been cast in an upcoming remake of the 1971 thriller Straw Dogs, a film about a Los Angeles screenwriter who relocates with this wife to her hometown in Mississippi. Once there, the marriage dissolves when old conflicts re-emerge with the residents of the town, resulting in a final violent confrontation. Kate Bosworth has also been cast as the wife in the film, a role previously held by actress Susan George, with Skarsgard coming into the picture as her old high-school boyfriend, an ex-football hero who sees the return of his former girlfriend as a way to reclaim fading glory. James Marsden ("Cyclops" from X-Men) will also step into the starring role of David Sumner, the husband and screenwriter, a role previously filled by Dustin Hoffman.

Directed by Rod Lurie, the remake sounds like a very pale version of the original 70's classic, but perhaps Lurie will surprise us all? And now that he's secured Alexander Skarsgard, he will no doubt have a instant built-in viewership for his film as the True Blood fans flock to see their beloved Eric Northman on the big screen. Details are still vague on the production schedule or development of this film. Straw Dogs was originally slated for an August 2010 release date, but has recently been moved to a TBA status.

Source: examiner.com

Bryce Dallas Howard joining ‘The Twilight Saga: Eclipse’

Twilight:Eclipse

Summit Entertainment announced today that actress Bryce Dallas Howard, most recently seen in McG's Terminator Salvation, will be replacing Rachelle Lefevre in the role of Victoria for The Twilight Saga: Eclipse, the third film in the series directed by David Slade (30 Days of Night). The reason given for the casting change was Lefevre's scheduling conflicts for another film to which she was committed.

The Twilight Saga: Eclipse is scheduled for release on June 30, 2010. You can read the official press release from Summit Entertainment below:

Summit Entertainment announced today that Bryce Dallas Howard will take over the role of “Victoria” in the studio’s upcoming production of THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE. Actress, Rachelle Lefevre, who portrayed the character in TWILIGHT as well as the upcoming release of THE TWILIGHT SAGA: NEW MOON, will not continue in the role due to scheduling conflicts with another commitment the actor has made. THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE will start filming in Vancouver this coming August.

THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE, the third film in the studio’s TWILIGHT film franchise based on Stephenie Meyer’s blockbuster book series, will be directed by David Slade from a screenplay written by Melissa Rosenberg. The film will be released theatrically in North America on Wednesday, June 30, 2010.

“We are incredibly happy that Bryce has agreed to come into the franchise,” said Erik Feig, Summit’s President of Worldwide Production and Acquisitions. “Rachelle brought “Victoria” to great screen life and Bryce will bring a new dimension to the character. The franchise is lucky to have such a talented actress as Bryce coming in to fill the role.”

Howard most recently starred in TERMINATOR SALVATION as Kate Connor and has been seen in SPIDER-MAN 3, LADY IN THE WATER, and THE VILLAGE. She was nominated for a Golden Globe for her leading performance as an actress in the HBO film AS YOU LIKE IT.

In THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE, Bella once again finds herself surrounded by danger as Seattle is ravaged by a string of mysterious killings and a malicious vampire continues her quest for revenge. In the midst of it all, she is forced to choose between her love for Edward and her friendship with Jacob — knowing that her decision has the potential to ignite the ageless struggle between vampire and werewolf. With her graduation quickly approaching, Bella is confronted with the most important decision of her life.

Source: ComingSoon.net

'Official' Word on Batman 3 from David Goyer

MTV asked David Goyer about Batman 3 in the wake of Gary Oldman's comments at Comic Con on Friday. Here's what he had to say:

"Right now, Chris is involved in filming Inception, and when he finishes that, he will turn his studious gaze back to the Bat universe and we'll see."

What does that mean? Nothing. David knows exactly what's going on, he's just not saying anything.

Nothing really new, but sort of the first official confirmation of the rumors we've been hearing over the last year. If Warner Bros. wasn't sure if Chris Nolan was going to return, then they surely would've moved on by now. The bottom line is - like Batman On Film has been saying - once Chris is done with Inception, he'll then focus on to BATMAN 3 in late 2010/early 2011 readying it for a Summer 2012 release.

Source: MTV via Batman on Film

The Wolfman pushed back…again

According to ShockTillYouDrop, Universal have pushed The Wolfman’s release date back yet again, from November 6th 2009 to February 12th 2010. This is the second time they have pushed the film back, as it was originally set to be released in April. It’s new February release date means it will be going up against The Book of Eli, and Legion the following week.

Source: Filmonic

The Voyage of the Dawn Treader Begins Filming

Today filming on The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader began in Australia, which I am sure fans will be pleased to hear. Disney ditched the Narnia franchise last year and 20th Century Fox stepped in to fund the film and swiftly set a release date of December 10th 2010. They had to act quickly otherwise the child actors would undertake the natural process of ‘ageing’, which would royally screw things up if they left it too late.

From ComingSoon:

This time around – Edmund and Lucy Pevensie, along with their pesky cousin Eustace Scrubb – find themselves swallowed into a painting and on to a fantastic Narnian ship headed for the very edges of the world.

Joining forces once again with their royal friend Prince Caspian and the warrior mouse Reepicheep, they are whisked away on a mysterious mission to the Lone Islands, and beyond. On this bewitching voyage that will test their hearts and spirits, the trio will face magical Dufflepuds, sinister slave traders, roaring dragons and enchanted merfolk. Only an entirely uncharted journey to Aslan’s Country – a voyage of destiny and transformation for each of those aboard the Dawn Treader – can save Narnia, and all the astonishing creatures in it, from an unfathomable fate.

Michael Apted (The World Is Not Enough) will be taking over directing duties from Andrew Adamson, who will be producing.

Disney made a mistake by releasing Prince Caspian in the summer amidst competition from the likes of Iron Man and Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. At the moment The Voyage of the Dawn Treader’s only competition is The Smurfs, which shouldn’t be too much of a problem.

Source: Filmonic

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Im really looking forward to H2 but im still holding back on the new Freddy movie as I want it to be awesome so bad but I feel im going to be disapointed