RIP Charley Pride

Tools    

Damn this sucks
A marvellously mellifluous voice.

Requiescat in pace Charley!

This seems strange only because a few weeks ago he was on TV (an awards show perhaps?).
When relatives entered the room and saw a story about him on the news they asked if he'd died, but I said no, I think they're just talking about an appearance he made.

(This happened again the other day, my brother walked in when the TV was on and said, "Paul McCartney died?" (There was a photo of him up on the screen). And I said, no, they're talking about Paul remembering the death of John Lennon.)

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
This is so sad. He was just honored with a Lifetime Achievement Award about a month ago. People are speculating that he got the virus at the ceremony, but from what I've read, they took many precautions to make sure that everyone was safe there, including multiple testing required. (Several performers even had to drop out of the event due to positive tests.)

RIP

@mark f, I really like that bit of El Paso that Charley and Glen Campbell sing. Glen was one of my favorites and he and Charley harmonized very well together.

I like this first one from the Paul Newman film Sometimes a Great Notion: