Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters

Tools    

Trailer out:

This was one I was looking forwards too, not so much now... don't like Arterton with an American accent(that annoying 'You got to be kidding me' cliche line at the end of the trailer just made me roll my eyes) and it reminds me of the awful Van Helsing in tone.

From the director of the film Dead Snow from Norway. It's apparently going to be R-Rated gore/violence, so it has a plus side I suppose instead of fitting it into a PG-13 rated film.

Looks like Noomi Rapace had a lucky escape, she was apparently up for the Gretel role first.

I've been excited about this for awhile now. My interest died down for while because I hadn't heard any news, but this trailer was pretty good! I can't wait to see it.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Looks like The Brothers Grimm, which I hated.

Suspect's Reviews

Looks like a big budget version of Red: Werewolf Hunter. This kind of thing's pretty popular atm, with Grimm on the small screen as well, so I'd expect it to do good business.

Surely it can't be as dull as The Brothers Grimm, TUS?

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
This was one I was looking forwards too, not so much now... don't like Arterton with an American accent(that annoying 'You got to be kidding me' cliche line at the end of the trailer just made me roll my eyes) and it reminds me of the awful Van Helsing in tone.
I was looking forward to this also, and when I watched the trailer the first thing that popped into my head was Van Helsing which is probably one of my most hated movies of all time so now I have lost all interest in it.

This amused me in one review that gave it no stars:

But Van Helsing, despite its many faults, looks like a modern Nosferatu next to Tommy Wirkola's Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters...

that's what she said...
I love the Brothers Grimm!!!!! (I don't like the TV show Grimm though ) but I have this HUGE book of the original grimm stories and I like mostly all the Grimm movies that come out! So I am looking forward to seeing this one.

Just another movie Guru
It would really seem as if Renner was only cast to continue riding his successful Avengers wave; he's not a horrible talent, but between this and his Bourne film he might begin to get typecasted which will stagnate his creative growth.

The film itself, doesn't look good. There are parts in the script that sound corny and nearly undeliverable in a serious tone and visually as every one said VANHELSING.

Now, there were some interesting parts in VanHelsing, it wasn't a fantastic movie. I feel that H&G will be the same; an attempt to do the same thing they've done with other "dark fairy tales" to a new story.

I'm betting the film has a lack of substance as well. Maybe I'm wrong, and I certainly don't think all films need a heaping pile of depth to be good, but films like this need something..

I am really very excited to watch the movie... I love "Jeremy Renner" in avengers :P

Zombie Preparedness Expert
I was looking forward to this also, and when I watched the trailer the first thing that popped into my head was Van Helsing which is probably one of my most hated movies of all time so now I have lost all interest in it.
Yup - this is why I'm going to wait to rent it, despite the fact I like both Renner and Arterton.

. I love Renner and he don't disappoint.

Thread bump!

Not a bad movie, but not great.
Better than other movies of a similar ilk like Van Helsing etc.

Noticed something while watching, when they're looking for a girl born in April.
The sheriff refers to the child in passing as "Mary Bell"... yet nothing in cast sheet, or any trivia on the movie says anything

Never takes itself too seriously, has swearing and gore in it... decent special effects... not a bad story...

15% on RT though? Deserves more.