What Are Your Favorite Movies Whose Title is a Complete Sentence?

Tools    

Of course, I did. I've been looking for the reason why you still believe that even after reading it yourself, and I found nothing.

But I like grammar, and I'll debate you. And in order to be fair I'll only use the informations provided in the link.

[i]

1) is there a verb in the "sentence" ?

Yes, there is, and I think this is the bit that confuses you. Although the verb "to find" is not-finite, the phrase does contain it, so I'll grant you that. I'll just say that the wording in the website is very imprecise.

2) does the "sentence" express a single idea ?

What is an idea ? This, too is imprecise, but this time the website gives us an example of an idea that is incomplete :

So, this time it's not exactly the same, but we can make a similar argument if we split the sentence in half.

On the one hand, we have "Fantastic beasts", that is, a thing, and "Where to find them" which is a place. But a thing and a place alone do not constitute a single idea : we still need to find what happens to the thing, or to the place where we find that thing. In short, we need more information

3) Does the "sentence" make sense when standing alone ?

I'll say yes. But if you go that way, many, many things make sense out of context. "A can of beer" makes sense, even alone. "The apple-pie eating contest" also does.

Now, if we want to go a little further, I'll add that it could be considered to be a nominal sentence (check that on wikipedia), but the OP rejects them for this thread, so voilà.

Ok, I'm finished. I'm not sure that you are convinced, but I hope I did not misrepresent your thoughts. If that is the case, please, do feel free to answer the points I'm making, and also to explain why you still think (based on the link you provides) that Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them is a sentence.
You won.

You can't win an argument just by being right!

On the one hand, we have "Fantastic beasts", that is, a thing, and "Where to find them" which is a place. But a thing and a place alone do not constitute a single idea : we still need to find what happens to the thing, or to the place where we find that thing. In short, we need more information

3) Does the "sentence" make sense when standing alone ?

OK what if you change that to 'Fantastic Breasts'. I think from what I know of straight men and gay women in the real world, and social media, that is a complete sentence because it needs no further explanation. Am I right?

OK what if you change that to 'Fantastic Breasts'. I think from what I know of straight men and gay women in the real world, and social media, that is a complete sentence because it needs no further explanation. Am I right?
Yup. Plus, they can stand alone, so I guess they satisfy all criteria.