Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

The Martian (2015) - Ridley Scott

- Wow. First, let's start by saying that this movie is simply stunning and so d*mn captivating... I was entertain and energize by this great modern sci-fi flick. Matt Damon is superb as usual and it's probably my second favorite performance of him after Saving Private Ryan. I love every bit and part of this film. Some scenes was genius and this movie is a very nice tale of survival that I highly appreciate. The rest of the cast was pretty good as well and the direction was brilliant and we can easily say that Ridley Scott is officialy back in the business with this masterpiece. The Ending give me chills and goosebumps, I almost piss in my pants. There's a new favorite movie from 2015 for me and it's The Martian. Great work and I recommend it to everybody I love it.

The Terminator
Just one word to say "Amazing" 9.5/10

Welcome to the human race...
Amy -

A bit on the long side and I'm not even a fan of Winehouse in the first place, but it has its moments, I guess.

Be a freak, like me too

(Gaslight, the British 1940 version)

Both are not unforgettable.
I'm too lazy to talk more about the two films. It's the nap time

Be a freak, like me too
Frances Ha : It's a nice movie which makes me think to the TV serie Girls and to Woody Allen but it's flat (don't know if this word is correct but I don't find an equivalent...). There's a lack of "contrasts" in emotions, except one or two scenes which are very emotionnal. I loved the black and white.
Gaslight : I've seen it because of Walbrook. It's classic and rather predictable.

The Revenant (2015)

A beautifully shot tale of revenge. Don't expect much more and you'll be satisfied.

I have a strong feeling this is the year that Leo finally gets an Oscar. From the intensity of his performance in the film, and how much crap he went through while filming it, it's safe to say the Academy will and better just give it to him.
From what I've seen this year, he has a good shot. Not much competition out there which has always been the reason he loses.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens
[Friggen' Awesome!][Pretty Good][Meh...][Just Bad...][Irredeemable Crap]

I liked it. I think the cynicism towards the prequels had pretty heavily lowered my expectations, but it also managed to include some of elements I really wanted in a sequel, like a stormtrooper protagonist. Definitely LONGGGer than it has to be, and there are some pretty massive plot contrivances which I guarantee most people won't be talking about until the fangasm dies down, but it sufficiently revived my interest in Star Wars. I suspect, or at least hope, Star Wars 8 hits us with the next Empire Strikes Back now that all our prologue is out of the way.

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001)

One of the greatest films ever made—as well as part of the greatest trilogy ever made—and, yup, still my all-time favorite movie!!!

out of 5

EXTRACTION (2015)
I didn't exactly have high expectations for this one going in, but I was at least hoping for some decent fight scenes with Gina Carano, like what we got with the rather good Haywire. When the camera stays still long enough to actually see her in action, her fight scenes are pretty good, but those moments are few and far between. Otherwise, this is your typical, straight-to-DVD-style (even though it did get a theatrical release) action film, with its running time mostly dominated by Kellan Lutz. They claim that Bruce Willis co-stars, but it's really just a glorified cameo.

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001)

One of the greatest films ever made—as well as part of the greatest trilogy ever made—and, yup, still my all-time favorite movie!!!

out of 5

a 50 out of 5 is still too low imo

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
People Places Things 2015

Will (Jemaine Clement) is a recently separated cartoonist with 2 young daughters. Very gently handled indie movie with a few light laughs. Clement (Flight of the Conchords) is likeable, and slips amazingly well into this role of a mildly schlubby guy dealing with old and new relationships.
My only complaint is that the love interests seem way too attractive for the main character, but it works well nonetheless. I found this pleasant and fun.

4 out of 5 hiphopopotamus' on this one.

a 50 out of 5 is still too low imo
Oh I agree, but I tried my best to put a limit on the rating and not fill the next 100 pages with popcorns.

Machinist 10/10

Spaceballs (1987)

"Evil will always triumph because good is dumb."

behold ladies and gentlemen, the quote that inspired George R R R R R R Martin to write A Song of Ice and Fire.