Westworld, Season 2 (no outside theories!)

Tools    

The original Westworld thread is pretty long, and for shows like this (with a lot of interest and speculation) we often do individual season threads so people can read along without having to worry too much about putting everything in spoiler tags.

Addendum, though: would like to exclude random theories we all read elsewhere on the Internet from this thread. They potentially ruined a lot of last season. I realize most of them were not spoilers because people didn't know if they were true, but sometimes when the entire Internet is crowdsourcing a theory, it can be so good that it might as well be a spoiler.

On the other hand, speculation is fun! But I think it makes more sense for it to be done in smaller groups, with the users here. I think theorizing with friends is a lot of fun but theorizing with the entire Internet brain is less so.

Anyway, have at it! I'm kinda swamped right now but will try to get some general thoughts up about the season 2 premiere later.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
So I read this theory online, it's pretty good.

WARNING: "Westworld" spoilers below
Made you look.

Suspect's Reviews

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Enjoyed S1 but it never really blew me away.

Watched S2E1 this morning, I'm a bit perplexed as to what's going on but will keep watching.

This might just do nobody any good.
Weird thing that probably doesn’t mean too much:
WARNING: spoilers below
In the opening with Bernard waking on on the beach, Trevor from GTA tries to stop the Delos guys from shooting female hosts. In the flashback to the direct aftermath of Dolores going loco crazy, he’s shooting women with milk dude.

Oh, and if my memory serves (it doesn’t)...
wasn’t Teddy’s last personality upgrade that he and Wyatt (Dolores) were arch-enemies?

Watched S2E1 this morning, I'm a bit perplexed as to what's going on but will keep watching.
A bunch of timelines.

We open with Arnold and Dolores, which is 30 odd years ago, he had a dream about being left behind in the water.

Flash-forward to Bernard waking up in water, which is two weeks after the host revolt. Now the show changes between Immediate Revolt Aftermath and Two Weeks After with Delos. So Bernard is all over the place right now.

He's in an underground lair where Charlotte is taking guests DNA and video from hosts, for blackmail maybe? She tries sneaking a package outside the park with Dolores' father. Package has not arrived yet so the team won't come in to rescue people?

Dolores is on a killing spree, killing guests/board members and other hosts. Teddy doesn't seem happy about it and he ends up dead in the final scene being one of the many hosts who are in the water. Interested in seeing where that goes.

Man in Black is on his own mission, finally having fun with the game.

Maeve is looking for her daughter.

Repost from other thread:

Consider every post I make involve small spoilers for the released episode.

So it seems that we are continuing multiple timelines and this time they are not hiding it. The causal mention of at least 6 parks was interesting.

"Get of my F----ing island" when arguing with a Chinese soldier. Possible location confirmed?

Man in Black finally gets what he wants, is given another "mission".

Maeve look great, taking control, her story will be one to look forward to I think.

Bernard will continue to "hide" his true self from people.

I was interested in how they would continue from the ending to last season. Did not disappoint.

While the opening was a little disjointed, I think there is enough set-up for the upcoming season.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Maeve and Rodrigo meeting up was pretty sweet. (edit to add Hector)

About to have a rewatch. I really enjoyed it. Nay, I loved it.

ETA: I asked Mr D if

Sizemore had half a woody. He just laughed. Any takers on that question here for lil ole me? TIA

what the helll, you manly mofos get to make such pertinent observations about the ladies so I thought I'd give it a go this time around.

I do like that character though. Some of you might recall I was one of maybe 1 or 2 who does like the character.

Is that promo or fanmade, Yods? Stunning.

Here’s a helpful rundown of season one events, if anyone needs it (SPOILERS, obviously):

http://collider.com/westworld-timeline-explained/

It wasn’t until I read it that i understood what that buried church was about. : /

Maeve look great, taking control, her story will be one to look forward to I think.
I hope it’s not 10 episodes of Maeve and Hector, two interesting characters, and writer douche wandering around the park trying to find the girl and then coming across something like, oh, she’s happy with her new family or she’s already dead in the water and Maeve going “I guess im alone ”...

But I got a strong feeling that it will be.

Here’s a helpful rundown of season one events, if anyone needs it (SPOILERS, obviously):

http://collider.com/westworld-timeline-explained/

It wasn’t until I read it that i understood what that buried church was about. : /
That's a well done timeline.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Also, I absolutely LOVE their opening credits... and was tickled pink to see they'd modified them a bit for this season. Outlander also does this (modifies opening credits to suit the season), and it makes already great credits even more amazing!

We open with Arnold and Dolores, which is 30 odd years ago, he had a dream about being left behind in the water.
My brother and I think both think this might actually be a head fake and it's happening in the present/future/whatever.

Also, fun theory (spoilered just in case):

WARNING: "Westerlyworldings S2E1" spoilers below
Wouldn't bet on it, but I think it'd be interesting if Charlotte Hale discovers Bernard is a host and tries to hide the IP in his head, then dumps him on the beach knowing he'd be accepted as a human and allowed out of the park.

Also, I'll have to find the post, but I was definitely floating the "stealing people's DNA" thing last year, at least with friends and family. Wasn't a prediction, just seemed like a fertile thing for the story down the line, especially given how likely we figured it was to expand into the larger world at some point.

My brother and I think both think this might actually be a head fake and it's happening in the present/future/whatever.

Also, fun theory (spoilered just in case):

WARNING: "Westerlyworldings S2E1" spoilers below
Wouldn't bet on it, but I think it'd be interesting if Charlotte Hale discovers Bernard is a host and tries to hide the IP in his head, then dumps him on the beach knowing he'd be accepted as a human and allowed out of the park.

Also, I'll have to find the post, but I was definitely floating the "stealing people's DNA" thing last year, at least with friends and family. Wasn't a prediction, just seemed like a fertile thing for the story down the line, especially given how likely we figured it was to expand into the larger world at some point.
Interesting take on the opening. Their clothing tells me otherwise, but maybe the prophetic conversation they had is actually a memory he had instead.

As for the Charlotte thing...I find it interesting that she mentioned twice about DNA in the hidden lair. The door handle scans your DNA, the drones can sense your DNA. She says it twice to Bernard. Soooo....does she know something?

there must be a junket in sydney because marsden was interviewed last night. What a lovely guy. He seems very natural infront of a panel.

That is all. I'm needing a rewatch today before episode 2.

Nice to see some world building going on outiside the park. Finally, some development on young William that doesn’t feel like a bore.

I hope there’s more from Giancarlo. I love that guy.

Nice to see some world building going on outiside the park. Finally, some development on young William that doesn’t feel like a bore.

I hope there’s more from Giancarlo. I love that guy.
Doubt it.

WARNING: "Westworld" spoilers below
Heard there are a lot of cameos this season.

I really liked this episode actually. Interesting development outside park, felt Lost-ish to me with the 'flashbacks'.

I think we all knew everyone was a host in that scene, right?

I keep looking for Simpson's Harris mannerisms. Caught a few last night.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
WARNING: "parallels" spoilers below
Digital GoT? Why change what works, I guess.

Aside from that very minor detail, I'm digging this season so far. I am excited to see how the relationship of Ed Harris's Man in Black and Dolores will play out. I loved that heartbreak seemed to be a flashpoint for this character's origin with Simpson's William last season, but I wanted to see age bring with it perspective and that never happened in S1. I wonder if he will be able to redeem himself at some point along this season. I mean now that there are technically no rules, and hosts are off rail, perhaps something can come of that. After all, was it not William's realization that Dolores was only programmed to show affection that started him down this path to begin with? Her strings have been cut now and, unlike younger William's experience watching Dolores play the same role that he fell in love with against Teddy (having been reset), she can remember everything now apparently.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear