Music! What makes your blood boil?

Tools    

Iro, not sure if you were wafting in my direction, my apologies if not, but animated movies are definitely movies...cgi, too...movies are allowed to suck.

I've loved some animated films like StreetFight and Light Years, as well as CGI ones like Monster House...

but back to music....music that gets my blood boiling in a positive way..let me throw a few examples out...I like elements of music, not necessarily the entire arrangement...

People who say this have no idea how autotune actually works. You can't sing like sh*t and expect an autotune program to completely fix it. It doesn't work like that.
I know how it works. I've used melodyne to sometimes fix impossible days when my voice is just not keeping steady. He may have been referring to modern hip hop bull ish that uses it like a robot clearing its throat, using its finger to jiggle the adam's apple, lol

hate it

I'm not a fan of autotune myself, but that is merely personal taste and I'm fine with it's existence. Musicians should be able to do whatever the hell they want.

Welcome to the human race...
Iro, not sure if you were wafting in my direction, my apologies if not, but animated movies are definitely movies...cgi, too...movies are allowed to suck.

I've loved some animated films like StreetFight and Light Years, as well as CGI ones like Monster House...
It was more aimed at @matt72582 and his post about bad production "taking the humanity out of art".

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I think that's another problem - production, or lack-of
Production can be a stylistic device. Ever heard of lo-fi indie? Or purposefully no-fi black metal? Another thing is some albums are overproduced, like My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, but that's a different thing.

Auto-tune (you don't even need to be in tune anymore!), drum-machines (?), computer programs, phone apps..
These are all just tools, and if they help an artist to achieve what he or she intends, then they are put to a good use. We shouldn't judge the tool itself, but rather how well does somebody use it to fulfill one's goals. Your condemnation of everything new (although a bunch of what you listed isn't new at all, drum-machines are older than you) seems very narrow-minded. Not to mention your doggedness when it comes to the topic has been known for years.

If you take the humanity out of art, you are stuck with a bad product that lasts for about 5 minutes.
Aaaah, you're a fan of long songs, then? Seriously, though, the fact that a piece of music was created using computers does not make it dehumanized, a bad product, or not art. I mean, listen to this:

If you can't find beauty and art in it, you have no CPU. I mean soul. You have no soul.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

It was more aimed at @matt72582 and his post about bad production "taking the humanity out of art".
It's elitist and artistically limiting to suggest that any type of art HAS to be done a certain way, and if you don't personally like it it's a "bad product" with "no humanity".

We shouldn't judge the tool itself, but rather how well does somebody use it to fulfill one's goals.
One of the wisest things said so far in this thread.

@Matt

I hear what you are saying and I'm not reading too much into it. Correct me if I am wrong but you don't appreciate the "easy way out" from today's musical production practices? You miss the time it took to tune a snare to a room, or mic placement like Jimmy Page did for the Zep albums, or having confidence to sustain a note without auto-correction because your percocet problem has your voice wavering like a pill popping wino-whore, right?

I hear you, and I understand. It's an uphill battle, trying to reason with people just out to prove a point that doesn't need to be made, and that is obvious and not even pertaining to what you are saying.

God bless you, sir.

Welcome to the human race...
I'm just saying that, if I were to say that movies like Beauty and the Beast or The Incredibles or The Wrong Trousers didn't count as real movies just because they didn't involve putting flesh-and-blood humans in front of a camera, then people would think I was being unnecessarily narrow-minded in my definition of what counted as a movie.

Ignorance is hilarious. I don't think it's bliss though. Or maybe it is, I dunno. These guys can live in their fantasy worlds.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
@Matt

I hear what you are saying and I'm not reading too much into it. Correct me if I am wrong but you don't appreciate the "easy way out" from today's musical production practices? You miss the time it took to tune a snare to a room, or mic placement like Jimmy Page did for the Zep albums, or having confidence to sustain a note without auto-correction because your percocet problem has your voice wavering like a pill popping wino-whore, right?

I hear you, and I understand. It's an uphill battle, trying to reason with people just out to prove a point that doesn't need to be made, and that is obvious and not even pertaining to what you are saying.

God bless you, sir.
And it's not just that.. So many songs I hear are nothing but the original song, and a loop over it.... To me, it's parasitic.. I love "Three Dog Night" and they did mostly covers, but at least they actually sang, played all the instruments, and really changed it up, rather than duplicating it with a few gimmicks.

And yes, you mention instances where there are challenges, but why not practice or work harder? My cousin wanted to see what I did, and after quite a few takes of me hitting a bum note, bumping my elbow on the mic, coughing, arthritis, he said "Why don't you get an app that slows it down by half-speed, play it, and then it sounds like you are really fast" and thought what on earth has happened to work ethic. Some people don't want to practice for 20 years and would rather push a button that takes 20 seconds of work, and when this becomes the "establishment", it seems any deviation is ostracized... And I'm the first to criticize my own favorite bands about anything.

I'll never understand why some people try and beat up on people with passionate opinions, immediately accusing those opinions of being "old fashioned" or "outdated". That's a dick move right there. If these assaults came from professionals, I'd consider them, but they don't come from pro's. They come from novices who haven't tied the boots up yet. Chill out. This is supposed to be be tongue in cheek socializing and stimulation, not attacks on people for having an opinion. Try countering with a less condescending dialog. Don't fail the debate team, there's still time to poke someone in the chops with a wink and a nod before closing the casket to being socially sound.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I'll never understand why some people try and beat up on people with passionate opinions, immediately accusing those opinions of being "old fashioned" or "outdated". That's a dick move right there. If these assaults came from prfessionals, I'd consider them, but they don;t come from pro's. They come from novices who haven't tied the boots up yet. Chill out. This is supposed to be be tongue in cheek socializing and stimulation, not attacks on people for having an opinion. Try countering with a less condescending dialog. Don't fail the debate team, there's still time to poke someone in the chops with a wink and a nod before closing the casket to being socially sound.
I love when others say "You only like that stuff because you were young in the 70s, and youth is good" -- not knowing I was born in 1982.. You can't help what and who you love. Also, it makes no sense to deprive one's self of the few genuine and expressive fruits we have in life.

@Matt, to answer your question about "why not just practice for 20 years and get it right" (sic). You're right. One should get it right going in and not "fix it in the mix", that's my opinion on it. I think time plays a part. I don't have the luxury of money and support and sponsorship. I work 50+ hrs a week of intensive physical labor and by the time the weekend hits I am literally shot. I have one day to throw it down. The idea is there and most of the harmonies are there but that bothersome note always cock blocks me finishing the composition, so yeah, I've experimented with auto tune, just for minute corrections, not entire choruses or verses, like you're talking about (?)