Rate the last album you've heard

Tools    

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Well, since there's "Rate the last movie you saw" topic I thought it would be cool to have quite similar thread in terms of music. I believe the title is self-explanatory. Just note you can rate more than one album in one post.

Here we go:

Peste Noire - Ballade Cun^tre lo Anemi francor (2009) -

It's the second Peste Noire album I've listened to, but I've heard a lot of single songs on YouTube before. The first one I've listened to, Folkf^uck Folie, I give
. It's noticeably inferior to this record, but I like its artwork more. Ballade Cun^tre lo Anemi francor is way more interesting, introducing weird, medieval chants and woman vocals. The parts, in which the screeching vocals of Famine accompany the aforementioned female vocals are really something. There's a portion of oddly produced shrieks in a form of a rather short track somewhere in the middle of the record, but it didn't kill the enjoyment of listening to the record, in which the rawness and melody are combined in quite peculiar but interesting style. Will be listening this again. I don't deny it could be an
album.

EDIT: This censorship is horrible. If you don't like us to swear then just say you're gonna warn us for doing so, but that's the situation where I can't even type the name of the album. In the first situation it's a word "f.u.c.k'" combined with another word. In the second situation it's way more pathetic, as the bot (?) finds a word "c.u.n.t" in a word "C.u.n.t.r.e".

East Coast Avengers- Prison Planet

Haven't listened to the whole album yet, but I do love it so far. It's not un-patriotic even though some will depict it as so, but it isn't scared to speak against the system. It was released in 2008, and was strongly concerned with the election, so I'm behind in listening to this, but it still has its relevancy. The songs are all similar but I leave the beat transitions and messages with in the lyrics. The rap is powerful and thought provoking. My favorite song so far is Lady Liberty.

Welcome to the human race...
I get the feeling this should go in the "TV/music" thread, but whatever.

The Avalanches - Since I Left You

I rate this
because there's only a few standout tracks and the rest kind of blurs together, so it's not exactly a bad album but as far as 60-minute albums go there's not enough interest to allow it a higher score.

On a related note, that boy needs therapy.

Well, since there's "Rate the last movie you saw" topic I thought it would be cool to have quite similar thread in terms of music. I believe the title is self-explanatory. Just note you can rate more than one album in one post.

Here we go:

Peste Noire - Ballade Cun^tre lo Anemi francor (2009) -
Based on your words, the latest one might be more up your alley: L'Ordure à l'état Pur. It has more of what you liked about this one.

A system of cells interlinked
Phantogram - Nightlife

Kendrick Lamar - good kid, m.A.A.d city (2012)

http://www.kanyetothe.com/forum/inde...topic=313845.0 -- nuff said.

It's a good album, but it's not as great as many claim it to be. "Return of real hip hop" talk. I didn't like Swimming Pools or Poetic Justice. Art of Peer Pressure was amazing, and the rest was somewhere in the middle. We will see if Kendrick can keep growing though, he is determined.

The Avalanches - Since I Left You

I rate this
because there's only a few standout tracks and the rest kind of blurs together, so it's not exactly a bad album but as far as 60-minute albums go there's not enough interest to allow it a higher score.

On a related note, that boy needs therapy.
3/5? U wot m8?

Sabes - Diesel Charm

Consistently awesome pulsating destructive rhythmic noise. My ears are pleased.

Well, I guess it doesn't matter since you appear to be banned, but my main beef with Since I Left You is that it's quite honestly rather boring. "Frontier Psychiatrist" is the only song that sticks out with its borderline-novelty collage of vocal samples and the rest kind of sinks into this bland summery sample-heavy hip-hop. If anything, 3/5 is kind of generous really.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Sam Roberts Band- Collider (2011)

SRB's sound keeps evolving, i like how the band refuses to be dropped in a particular box.

The entire album (in playlist form)
1. "The Last Crusade" * 4:17
2. "Without A Map" * 4:05
3. "Let It In" * 4:17
4. "Graveyard Shift" * 4:27
5. "No Arrows" * 4:24
6. "Longitude" * 3:18
7. "Streets of Heaven (Promises, Promises)" * 4:26
8. "Sang Froid" * 3:30
9. "Twist The Knife" * 4:13
10. "I Feel You" * 5:16
11. "The Band Vs. The World" * 4:09
12. "Partition Blues" * 4:10
13. "Tractor Beam Blues" * 4:55
&list=PL2CAD83900ED962A7

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Also, why is this not in the music and TV forum?
You are using " whatever" wrong.

just sayin

You are using " whatever" wrong.

just sayin
I guess it's a sign of how little I show up here and/or pay attention that I don't even realise I already posted this.

I should give up.

lately, everything you've posted amounts to morose reflections on how little you've been around. you're so utterly self-obsessed with maintaining the cyclical irony of this personal narrative, you have effectively forfeited all ability to actually reintegrate into the dynamic yet friendly short-term memory of this site's everyday life.

and that, movie forums user iroquois, is the true irony.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Thank you, planet news. I learned 5 new words in English.

EDIT: actually it's only one, thx anyway
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.