Rate the last album you've heard

Tools    

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots - The Flaming Lips.

This never gets old. I will still be listening to this CD decades from now, I'm sure of it.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Admittedly, I am probably the biggest Kanye fan, so I am still trying to figure out how to separate that from my rating. I'd probably give it a
on first listen. I love how everything Kanye does feels experimental or ahead of the curve. Even when he does stuff that other people do, such as the trappy style rapping cadence, he presents an overall package that is uniquely him. He is somehow arrogant and self-conscious and self-aware and humorous all at the same time. He embraces his bi-polar disorder and all of the flack he gets, but he also lets the world in on his real life situation when he admits his wife feels the blow back of all the things he does as well. I already think Kanye is the greatest musical artist we've seen since we've been able to record music, so it's probably not a surprise that I think he's done it again.
Kanye is my favorite artist, and with further listening I'd bump Ye up to

1. I Thought About Killing You-
2. Yikes-
3. All Mine-
4. Wouldn't Leave-
5. No Mistakes-
6. Ghost Town-
7. Violent Crimes-

As far as his full discography, my rankings change often (except #1). But Looks something like this, I like all of them btw

1. MBDTF

2. Graduation

3. The Life of Pablo

4. Cruel Summer

5. Watch The Throne

6. Yeezus

7. Ye

8. The College Dropout

9. 808s & Heartbreaks

10. Late Registration

Let the night air cool you off
@donniedarko

Pretty interesting order. My order is different, but it fluctuates.

1. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
2. The College Dropout
3. Yeezus
4. The Life of Pablo
5. Late Registration
6. ye
7. Graduation
8. 808's & Heartreak

Kids See Ghosts

1. 4th Dimension-
2. Kids See Ghosts-
3. Cudi Montage-
4. Freee (Ghost Town 2)-
5. Feel the Love-
6. Fire-
7. Reborn-

070 Shake- Glitter

1. I Laugh When I’m With Friends But Sad When I’m Alone-
2. Somebody Like Me-
3. Lost in Love-
4. Mirrors-
5. Stranger-
6. Glitter-

This is GOOD Musics summer

@donniedarko I didn't even know she had a release. "Somebody Like Me" bangs so hard.
Really digging her- been listening to Honey and Somebody Like Me all week- I think she’s on the edge of taking off

Let the night air cool you off
Really digging her- been listening to Honey and Somebody Like Me all week- I think she’s on the edge of taking off
It seems that way. She's the catchiest part of ye, and folks are noticing. I saw that she had a little twitter exchange with Seth Rogen and she seemed really thrilled that he liked her part of the song. It made me feel good for her. Hopefully she keeps getting after it.

Breaking Benjamin - Ember

4/5

I'm a huge BB fan and I really enjoy the new album
Best Songs: Psycho and Red Cold River

This is hard on so many levels.

Firstly, I'm mainly attracted to hip hop for that beautiful synergy, where the backing music, and the (often for my liking) laid back rapping actually make for a sick-assed aching, haunting track that I personally feel could break through to anyone. Because it's that beautiful and genre transcendent.

Alright, so I give
+ to

It's really just...beautiful.

You can listen to it for free here, and if you download it, you decide what to pay for it. Personally, I went overboard on purpose. For all those who go minimal. I get it when you're strapped, I do. But in this regard, I went hard the other way. Because I want more like this to be made.

https://giofficial.bandcamp.com/album/underworld

Yeah, low key pimp.

OK I guess with all that Kanye thumbs up, and it's coming from so many different sources, that's what you you let go of any pre conceived ideas and just...ok, let's listen to Kanye.

OK LET'S LISTEN TO KANYE. Goin out there half cocked, guys, just so you know...