Wild wild country

Tools    

I have started watching this documentary on Indian guru Osho Rajneesh ( or should I call him Bhagwan---meaning God ) and the utopia he created in Oregon on Netflix . Will post my comments as I watch further .

My first comment on seeing the guru Osho Rajneesh on screen---if he was so great then why was he a baldie. Couldn't he use his special powers to grow some hair on his scalp ?

You can't win an argument just by being right!
My first comment on seeing the guru Osho Rajneesh on screen---if he was so great then why was he a baldie. Couldn't he use his special powers to grow some hair on his scalp ?
WTF? What on earth does that evenmean? I'm bald and I embrace it. Such a strange comment on a movie forum. I havent got a clue who the guy is or how it relates to a board like this or even what youre getting at, ash.*walks away scratching bald head and talks to the door handle about the strange thread in the corner.

WTF? What on earth does that evenmean? I'm bald and I embrace it. Such a strange comment on a movie forum. I havent got a clue who the guy is or how it relates to a board like this or even what youre getting at, ash.*walks away scratching bald head and talks to the door handle about the strange thread in the corner.
You don't claim to have special powers Dani8 . This Indian guru claimed to have special powers.

Look if your baldness is related to chemotherapy then I didn't mean to hurt you .

Read about Osho Rajneesh on the internet if you want to know more about the guru. Or better watch 'wild wild country' on Netflix.

What baffled me is his top followers new how matersialistic he was- so much so Sheila wouldn't show him designer jewelry since she knew he'd want it. Yet he was considered some all knowing holy figure. Really just seemed like s poiled guru, letting his followers do the heavy lifting for his lifestyle to be supported

What baffled me is his top followers new how matersialistic he was- so much so Sheila wouldn't show him designer jewelry since she knew he'd want it. Yet he was considered some all knowing holy figure. Really just seemed like s poiled guru, letting his followers do the heavy lifting for his lifestyle to be supported
Sounds about right. Wouldn't be a proper cult without giving all your money, belongings and freedom to its leader.

You don't claim to have special powers Dani8 . This Indian guru claimed to have special powers.

Look if your baldness is related to chemotherapy then I didn't mean to hurt you .

Read about Osho Rajneesh on the internet if you want to know more about the guru. Or better watch 'wild wild country' on Netflix.
This is true, Dear ash. The only special power I have is how much amusement my singing in the shower gives me. And you didnt hurt my feels. I was simply taken aback that his baldness is your only takeaway from the doco. I would like to see it but will only do so if it's on youtube. I dont want to waste time or legalities by pirating it. My baldness was not caused by chemo, radiotherapy or anything else but my magic ability to ask my husband to plug in his razor and shave my noggin. I felt like going eggshell blond to takeaway the discomfort of brushing my curly hair. It hurts because i have always had a sensitivie scalp, and it knotsd easily.

If you or someone else can post a linkie to the video, that was be most appreciated.

There are enough charlatans in the world, and espcially in india where people are more than willing to throw their money at others. More fool them. Their greed and stupidity gets the better of them. I hope that gives you a better understanding of my point of view on these religious 'gurus'. 'Guru' my backside. They are nothing but rip off merchants. I asked my nepali friend the other day if he would like some gardening work for cash in hand. He thinks I'm his 'guru' and wants to do it for free. I said NO. I want to pay him, and I'm not his teacher. My only pupil is myself.

Yep just as I thought - i just saw the trailer. I also watched a trailer called Captive about a guru in brazil. bloody hell.they cme out of the woodwork, especially at times of global stress. Whatever happened to the orange peole anyway? I havent seen one for years.

I watched it and thought it was very well made. There was a ton of archival footage and I really liked how they interviewed people on all sides. It really is one of the best and most unbiased documentaries I've seen.

Had a chuckle when somebody compared it to Mormonism.
Paraphrasing, but it went something like this:
Anti-Rajneeshee person: "We can't have a cult or a religion run a city government!!
Pro-Rajneeshee person: "Have you heard of Salt Lake City?"

Priceless. The resemblance was striking.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Sounds about right. Wouldn't be a proper cult without giving all your money, belongings and freedom to its leader.

You can substitute "religion" for "cult" almost any time..

Unregistered User
Cant really think of anything that similar of the top of my head. There are a few docs I want to see after seeing this. The Source Family and Prophets Prey but no idea how good they are. Have you seen the Waco series and docs? I loved them. The Peoples Temple was great but I think you have already seen that? Also, Evil Genius is good. I've still a bit left to watch and its not similar to WWC but Duplass brothers worked on both. Its excellent so far.