What is your favourite movie trilogy?

Tools    

Hello all,

This is my first post and let me just introduce myself as another movie junkie.

As a big fan of trilogies I'd like to know, what is your favourite movie trilogy. I made a poll on poltaire.com. As options I included my favourite nine movie trilogies. The site shows how the votes are distributed on a world map, which is can be quite interesting.

I myself consider the original Star Wars trilogy best trilogy to date. Probably due to the fact that it was the movie trilogy of my youth. Lots of nostalgia feelings attatched to the movies. And of course, the movies themselves are awesome and the special effects are top notch compared to other movies produced during the same time.

I admit, I left many awesome trilogies out from the poll options, such as the Die Hard trilogy. If your favourite trilogy is not included, feel free to comment.

Link to the poll is below:
https://poltaire.com/what-is-your-fa...movie-trilogy/

Cheers,
Deppi

i definitely love Kieslowski's Three Colors trilogy, Matrix and then the trilogy based on Stieg Larsson's novel (Fincher's version exluded)

Welcome, Deppi!

Indiana Jones, Godfather, and "Dollars" are all great options (thanks for the "Die Hard" mention as well), but I'm not crazy about EVERY movie in each of them. I like the Omen "trilogy" (although I kinda like Part IV, too). Further outside the box, I'd say "Halloween" I, II, and H2O (the other stupid sequels don't exist, as far as I'm concerned). Another natural "trilogy" would be Star Trek II-IV (the Khan-to-whales story arc), and just might be my favorite.

That answer-distribution map on Poltaire sounds interesting, but I don't see where to find it?

Chief cook and bottlewasher
The Riddick Trilogy.

And soon to be a quadrilogy, can't wait
IKR? Honestly, Vin could just stand there for 2.25 hours and I'd be happy. :drool:

The most loathsome of all goblins
IKR? Honestly, Vin could just stand there for 2.25 hours and I'd be happy. :drool:
Unfortunately if he just stood there he'd be dead in 5 minutes

Poor guy can't catch a break

Unfortunately if he just stood there he'd be dead in 5 minutes

Poor guy can't catch a break
Well, hordes of angry flying pterodactyl-thingies/angry Thandie Newtons notwithstanding....