Will we ever see new versions of Greek mythology and other mythology?

Tools    

Hopefully maybe we can see a new series of Greek Mythology films since the new Clash of the Titans failed miserably with Liam Neeson and Ralph Fiennes. Perhaps seeing other mythology type films too like Nordic, Spartans, Romans, Celtic, even Egyptian like the movie we saw called Gods & Exodus with Christian Bale I think and Gods of Egypt with Chadwick Boseman. I see their are other types of mythology around the world.

If there is a successful one then there might be a flood, Jason and the Argonauts was a favourite as a kid, wouldn't hate a remake of that in the works.
I'm one of the few that liked Troy but that's the only one in recent time that was worth watching imo

Yea it’s just been awhile since we’ve seen a really good Greek Mythology or another type of Mythology movie. The Clash Of the Titans remake with Liam Neeson was terrible. Immortals again was ok. I never saw 300 but heard that movie really has a lot of blood in it like most ancient war movies would but I need to see that. Hercules with the Rock was good. But I want to see a really good mythology movie with Monsters and Gods in it.

If there is a successful one then there might be a flood, Jason and the Argonauts was a favourite as a kid, wouldn't hate a remake of that in the works.
I'm one of the few that liked Troy but that's the only one in recent time that was worth watching imo
Wonderful film. I was first knocked out by Ray Harreyhausen's stop-motion effects in The 7th Voyage of Sinbad (1958). I had no idea how those effects were done, and thought it must be magic. Still looks good today.

I can't imagine doing those stories since the old ones lent themselves to the kind of cartoon characterizations that came from the Harryhausen FX. Clash of the Titans must have made an example about their film-ability. Those old myths ARE like cartoons. Hercules and a Minotaur? Gorgons turning people to stone? I can't see it selling.

Boldly going.
Another thing the gods are like (particularly the Greek and Norse) are superheroes. That's why Thor worked so well as one for Marvel Studios. With the current wave of popularity these superhero movies are enjoying, heroic myths could make lots of money on the big screen and make the critics happy, if done well.

Boldly going.
Just to follow up, I am NOT suggesting more superhero movies based on myths (which is certainly possible - Hercules, for example, has been an Avenger for decades). I'm just saying that gods and superheros share a lot in common (bigger than life, super or magical abilities, etc.) and because of this commonality, myths could do well at the box office.

I didn't like the recent "Titans" movies; in fact I can barely remember them - that's how unforgettable they were. I also thought the recent Immortals (2011) with Mickey Rourke and Hercules (2014) with The Rock were just bad. The original Clash of the Titans wasn't bad (but then again, I was a kid when I saw it). The last memorable movies, personally, were the animated Moana (2016; based on Polynesian mythology), and The Odyssey (1997), which won an Emmy that year for best mini-series. That version of the Odyssey was by no means perfect. I'd love to see The Odyssey done justice on the big screen.

I'd love to see The Odyssey done justice on the big screen.
For what it's worth O' Brother Art Thou is loosely based on The Odyssey and I adore that movie ha.

Maybe a more grounded approach like Nolan did with Batman would help out a movie about Greek Mythology. Maybe something in the vein of GOTs type tone/vibe. It was grounded but with mythical creatures in it.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

I would like to see a movie about the origin of-Madusa,if done right it could be nice.