Penny Dreadful : City of Angels (Showtime)

Tools    

The first series from 2014-2016 was magnificent. This spinoff though is not a continuation in any way, I'm halfway thru the 3rd episode, and it's been flat as a board.

Has anyone watched the entire season, should I, does it pick up?

The Adventure Starts Here!
I still have to watch this. The ending of the season before this definitely felt like a proper finale, so I can only imagine they've added new characters and storylines, yes?

I'll see what I think of the first episode of the new season and let you know.

I still have to watch this. The ending of the season before this definitely felt like a proper finale, so I can only imagine they've added new characters and storylines, yes?

I'll see what I think of the first episode of the new season and let you know.

It's a completely new storyline, no similarities. Rory Kinnear returns in this series but isn't playing Frankensteins Monster but a German Doctor with a family. As good as the original series? Not even close. It's good enough though to keep my interest to where I'm gonna finish it out though. Right now I'm on episode 7.

And btw, Nathan Lanes best performance since The Birdcage. My favorite character's an old mother called Maria Vega, played by Adriana Barraza.

The Adventure Starts Here!
It's a completely new storyline, no similarities. Rory Kinnear returns in this series but isn't playing Frankensteins Monster but a German Doctor with a family. As good as the original series? Not even close. It's good enough though to keep my interest to where I'm gonna finish it out though. Right now I'm on episode 7.

And btw, Nathan Lanes best performance since The Birdcage. My favorite character's an old mother called Maria Vega, played by Adriana Barraza.
Wait... NATHAN LANE?? Oh, now I GOTTA watch!