Rambo: Last Blood

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
Calling it a guilty pleasure implies that you know it's bad and therefore shouldn't be surprised that someone actually dislikes it.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I watched The Last Jedi again, and I felt it compared to Rambo (2008), because it feels like in Rambo, Rambo is at the bottom of the barrel, compared to Rambo III, kind of like how Luke Skywalker is in The Last Jedi, compared to when we last saw him.

That's a common trope, where the hero falls on hard times and goes into exile, only to be dragged back into the fray. It's so common it's basically a lazy cliche at this point.

"They said you were the best..."
"That was a long time ago..."
"One more job."

That's a common trope, where the hero falls on hard times and goes into exile, only to be dragged back into the fray. It's so common it's basically a lazy cliche at this point.

"They said you were the best..."
"That was a long time ago..."
"One more job."

It's basically every single Steven Seagal movie since he found success in Under Siege.
His movies before that had him as a cop or government agent of some kind, who is wronged, and he gets revenge.

Under Siege came along, and he's a cook... turns out he's one of the ex-elites... and goes on an endless march of victory.
Since then, every single movie he's made he's been ex-CIA or ex-military of some kind... and goes on an endless march of victory.

Makes me think of Taken and John Wick tbh. Surprising they aren't Seagal movies.

It definitely was the worst of the Rambo films, but the final 20 minutes to half-hour were entertaining where it just turns into a rated R Home Alone---either that or Rambo took inspiration from Jigsaw.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
I didn't mind it too much. Rambo III is still the worst.