Browsers

Tools    

Who uses what and why?

I ask because IE6 is giving me a few problems and I've been forced to use the MSN browser, which comes packaged on the computer [thank God] for a bit. It's different, of course, but I don't mind it. If I had a choice I'd still be using IE, but I realise that the choice is far greater than that and that I know very little about my other options.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Opera: fast, reliable and above all - Tabbed.

If I need to use an ie based browser I go for Avant because, alas, not all websites are fully Opera-compatible.....

Mozilla Firefox sometimes. But mostly IE... just can't break the habit.

Do you know my poetry?
I've been using Mozillia Firefox for the last couple of weeks. It hasn't been giving me any problems as of late, so I have no complaints against it.

Mozilla Firefox, as big improvement over Internet Explorer in my opinion and no pop ups!

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Mozilla Firefox, above and beyond the best browser ever released (and yes this includes Safari).

Originally Posted by OG-
Mozilla Firefox, above and beyond the best browser ever released (and yes this includes Safari).
.....but Opera's quicker.

Originally Posted by Tacitus
.....but Opera's quicker.
Not noticeably, plus Opera has buttons which take up exactly 100% of your screen.

And this is my BOOMstick!
Originally Posted by OG-
Not noticeably, plus Opera has buttons which take up exactly 100% of your screen.
Agreed.

Mozilla Firefox is the best.

I wipe my ass with your feelings
Firefox > All

And this is my BOOMstick!
Originally Posted by jrs
I have IE and always did. What is the main difference wih Firefox Mozilla compared to IE? Should I switch?
Well if you want a fast, popup, adware, spyware free browser, Firefox is your #1 choice.

You deffinetely should switch. Firstly, Firefox is much cleaner and more organized than IE is and allows for much more customization. Secondly, Firefox isn't vulnerable to an innumerable amount of browser exploits that IE is. Third, built in (and incredibly effective) pop-up blocker. Fourth, you can tab windows meaning you can have multiple websites open in the same browser window and simply tab between them (I'll include a pic). Fith, custom quick searches (I have imdb as one, can't live without it now). And Sixth, it's an open source browser meaning that any bugs in it will be found and fixed much faster than they would with IE.

You can see the tab feature in action in the screenshot. I've opened all the sites I get movie news from in the tabs (just by right clicking my Movie News folder and selecting "open in tabs").
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	browser.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	185.7 KB
ID:	4283  

Originally Posted by OG-
Dunno what version of Opera you've seen.

(and it's got a nice 'enlarge' facility)
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	141.2 KB
ID:	4284  

Opera has ads?

Originally Posted by Garrett
Opera has ads?
Yup, but to be honest I don't notice them anymore.

I guess it all boils down to what does the job best for you - there's not much to choose between Opera and Firefox but I found vrml support more comprehensive in Opera and it comes with more features 'out of the box'.

I've been using Mozilla Firefox since last night and I love it.

Whether or not I switch from IE on my own computer back at university, however...well, I don't know about that yet.

I also just switched to Mozilla Firefox. I like it too, but how come the snow flakes don't work on the MoFo index? I'm not really bothered, just curious.