Warner Bros. Classic Gangster Films

Tools    

Exciting!

It contains some par-for-the-course movies, which is great for those of us who haven't seen them yet [films like Raoul Walsh's The Roaring Twenties and Wild Bill Wellman's The Public Enemy].

So, yeah. Can't wait.

Sweet. All five are great, but The Public Enemy and The Roaring Twenties are my favorites of that bunch. You dirty rats.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I just know they're coming to kill me.
Praise to Thee, O Lord...

YES! About time these classics get released! I crave noir any old day, and this just made my day even more craving...

this collection looks awesome i cant wait till' its released

So many good movies, so little time.
I love Angels with Dirty Faces and White Heat. The other 3 are great too!

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."- Groucho Marx

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
That looks like an awesome set. I just briefly glanced at it so didn't noticed if they had any commentarys or not. But the crown jewell of the box for me anyway is White Heat.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

Reminder about the Warner Bros. Gangsters Collection, which streets next Tuesday (1/25/05): Little Ceasar (1930), Public Enemy (1931), The Roaring Twenties (1939), Angels with Dirty Faces (1938), The Petrified Forest (1936) and White Heat (1949). The retail price is only $68.95, or about $11.50 per disc. I'm pre-ordering it at 30% off, or $48.27 and $8 per disc. Yes, that math is right.

If you've never seen any or all of 'em, each is very much worth owning and watching over and over again. Wild Bill Wellman's Public Enemy and Raoul Walsh's The Roaring Twenties are my two favorites of the bunch, but you truly can't go wrong with any one of them. If only Hawks' Scarface (1932) would make it's way onto DVD already (other than as an extra in the obnoxious DePalma Scarface deluxe collection), we'd really be flush!

That is a fine collection of films. Angels with Dirty Faces is just superb - has one of the best endings of all time. Mind so does White Heat. I want this one fersure.

I'll definitely be picking this up. It's a good deal even at the MSRP.
Originally Posted by iluv2viddyfilms
But the crown jewel of the box for me anyway is White Heat.
Definitely.

just bought this. i found it for really cheap($39.99) so i couldnt resist. I've never seen any of them but you all spoke so highly of them that im sure i will like them.

They all five have terrific twenty to thirty minute documentaries on each of the films, plus all kinds of cool little extras like Warner Bros. cartoons and newsreels.

It's a great set all around.

Everyone keeps saying all 5 films have this and that but theres 6 in the collection are you guys saying 5 on accident or do you just like hate one of the movies and dont mention it with the other 5 or something.