Sean Lock is dead

Tools    

"How tall is King Kong ?"
58 years old, cancer.

I don't know what to say. It's like cancer wages this global war on humor, on smile, on wit. And wins.

And strikes down mankind's best defenses against gloom and depression. The most alive and uplifting people. Those who are the best at laughing at the face of the world, and at helping us managing to do it.

For me, that's a hole in all the panel shows that kept me a bit afloat during these abominable years. I know that for others, it means infinitely worse.

But there's also... I don't know, a specific obscenity to it. Something of an oxymoron. As if relaxed cynical cheerful violent absurdist humor was the opposite of cancer death. Something unholy at the latter swallowing the former.

Once more.

Bummer, liked him
Requiescat in pace Sean!

Devastated at this news. He looked to have beat cancer about 20 years ago. One of the funniest people on TV. He could create an absurdist, crazy world out of the most mundane situation or object and have everyone around him laughing with tears streaming. He leaves a huge, huge hole in the comedy world.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I'm gutted, he was the funniest man on TV these past 15 years or so.

Anyone wanting a laugh watch "Sean Lock Children" clip.

RIP

Very sad. Loved him on "8 Out of 10 Cats".
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

"How tall is King Kong ?"
You should check out "8 out of 10 cats does countdown", "qi" and "would i lie to you". Not just for Sean Lock himself, but for a whole bunch of fantastic, simultaneously clever and half-insane, british comedians and panelists (starting with Lee Mack and David Mitchell).

I'm talking as a french speaking person - there's (really, really) no equivalent whatsoever, over here. None of the same laid-back, quick wit and humor. And I can't share it around me, because most people around me don't speak english. So, consider yourselves lucky to have those. And don't pass next to that.

You should check out "8 out of 10 cats does countdown", "qi" and "would i lie to you". Not just for Sean Lock himself, but for a whole bunch of fantastic, simultaneously clever and half-insane, british comedians and panelists (starting with Lee Mack and David Mitchell).

I'm talking as a french speaking person - there's (really, really) no equivalent whatsoever, over here. None of the same laid-back, quick wit and humor. And I can't share it around me, because most people around me don't speak english. So, consider yourselves lucky to have those. And don't pass next to that.
im not into comedies tho but i will check it out

They're not comedies, @xSookieStackhouse, they're tv panel shows. You don't really have them in the US. It seems a be a peculiarly British way of exhibiting (mostly) stand up comedy but it works very well. I wasn't actually a fan of Sean's stand up, but in a format like these, he was fantastic.

They're not comedies, @xSookieStackhouse, they're tv panel shows. You don't really have them in the US. It seems a be a peculiarly British way of exhibiting (mostly) stand up comedy but it works very well. I wasn't actually a fan of Sean's stand up, but in a format like these, he was fantastic.
im not from US im from australia. he was p[opular in australia here tho