You favorite and least favorite Star Trek movie.

Tools    

Thane of Glamis, Thane of Cawdor, & King Hereafter
Just a simple poll with no real purpose. I've only seen the last two, but I hear I should look into Wrath of Khan. Anyways, which one's your favorite, and which is your least favorite?

Star Trek: The Motion Picture
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
Star Trek V: The Undiscovered Country
Star Trek VI: The Final Frontier
Star Trek: Generations
Star Trek: First Contact
Star Trek: Insurrection
Star Trek: Nemesis
Star Trek (2009 movie)
Star Trek Into Darkness

Star Trek (2009 movie) - As a sci-fi film
As a Star Trek film

Star Trek Into Darkness - As a sci-fi film
As a Star Trek film

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Favourite: Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home

Least Favourite: Star Trek V: The Final Frontier

As a rabid Star Trek Fan I have to rate these from a Trekker standpoint.

This gave fans what the TV series hadn't, hard core sci fi. The opening sequence with Spock on his home world actually speaking Vulcan was awesome. The Directors Cut, which is what most people watch these days, is a
, more is not always better.

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Kha
n
Khan was back! Stylish, high energy fun, just like the TV series had been.

This one struck me as corny.

This one had a sense of humor just like the TV series did. "there not your damn whales." LOL

Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
I liked the character of Spock's half brother. A full blooded Vulcan who had rejected logic and embraced emotions. And with the ability to look inside someone and show them their pain, so that they could conquer it and be free. Kind of a neat concept.

Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
Good high adventure.

I liked Malcom McDowels in this, I would have liked to see more development of his character and his motives.

This is the only movie I've ever seen on it's opening night. The audience was stoked! They must have all been ST fans! The opening sequence with a close up on Picard in the Borg Cube, then as the camera pulls back, and back and back....finally we see Picard just a tiny speck, lost in the vastness of the Cube. That's powerful cinematography.

OK

This has to be the most powerful ST movie done.

Star Trek (2009 movie) - It's non canon and should not have messed with the Star Trek time line

Star Trek Into Darkness - It's non canon and should not have messed with the Star Trek time line

My non-biased reviews

The Motion Picture 85%

Wrath Of Khan 95%

The Search For Spock 87%

The Voyage Home 83%

The Final Frontier 86%

The Undiscovered Country 89%

Generations 78%

First Contact 32%

Insurrection 80%

Nemesis 84%

Star Trek 98%

Into Darkness 97%

In terms of personal favourites:
Nemesis
The Undiscovered Country
First Contact

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
First Contact is by far my favourite, and I'd go with Into Darkness for my least favourite.

Lord High Filmquisitor
I was never a huge Star Trek fan before the new movies. Even now I'm a pretty luke-warm fan (even if the recent two movies were both great). This is how I would rank what I have seen:

1) Star Trek - 8/10

2) Star Trek: Into Darkness - 7.5/10

3) Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan - 3/10

4) Star Trek II: The Voyage Home - 2/10

Thane of Glamis, Thane of Cawdor, & King Hereafter
These are all interesting to read! Looks like there are quite a few movies on my to-watch list, based on this alone!

Another fan here.

1. Star Trek: Generations 10/10

This stands out by about warp 11 for me. Especially the build-up to that climactic scene when Malcom's entering the time what was it called nexus? something like that. With him destroying the star, in order to change the trajectory. i love Malcom anyway. he's underrated.

2. Star trek: First Contact 9.5/10

3. Star trek 2: The Wreth of Khan 9/10

4. Star Trek: Nemesis 9/10

5. Star Trek: The Motion Picture 8.5/10

6. Star Trek 6: The Undiscovered country 8.5/10

7. Star Trek 5: The Final Frontier 8.5/10

8. Star Trek 4: The Voyage Home 8/10

9. Star Trek: Insurrection 8/10

10. Star Trek: The Search For Spock 7/10

11. Star Trek 7/10

12. star Trek: Into Darkness 5/10

Just a simple poll with no real purpose. I've only seen the last two, but I hear I should look into Wrath of Khan. Anyways, which one's your favorite, and which is your least favorite?

Star Trek (2009 movie)
Star Trek Into Darkness
Hard to do it properly as I haven't seen all of Into Darkness, but this is my list:

Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
Star Trek (2009)
Star Trek Into Darkness

As a rabid Star Trek Fan I have to rate these from a Trekker standpoint.
(...)
Star Trek (2009 movie) - It's non canon and should not have messed with the Star Trek time line

Star Trek Into Darkness - It's non canon and should not have messed with the Star Trek time line
I'm not entirely sure what is meant here. Are you just saying that you hated these movies, and/or that they are not "official" product, in some way?

I saw Star Trek on opening night and everyone was loving it. However, I was disappointed by the fact that there had been so much official hype that this movie was radically different from any prior release of the franchise. And yet ... it was all too familiar. The characters were younger, everything was shinier and glowing, but it was a little too close to home and I didn't want to see that.

I wanted a much more radical deviation, but ... all of those toys were at stake and all that backlog of Captain Kirk dolls has to agree with what's in the movie. Whatever. On its own terms, though, I got bored during the CGI orgy that simply wouldn't end at the movie's climax. It was like watching somebody else play a videogame.

The Wrath of Khan was my favorite. I didn't really pay enough attention to the rest to actually evaluate wich was worst. I mostly dislike Star Trek in general.

Star trek first contact is really a great film, almost as good as star trek 2 wrath of khan

"How tall is King Kong ?"
I almost like the one with the whales. It's the one that doesn't takes itself 100% seriously, it even features a joke at some point if I remember well.

I'm... I'm not really a star trek person.

Favorite: Star Trek (2009) - If ever a franchise desperately needed a reboot this did. The TNG movies just weren't cutting it.

Least favorite: Star Trek: Insurrection - Glorified TV episode. And not an especially good one at that.

"How tall is King Kong ?"
Least favorite: Star Trek: Insurrection - Glorified TV episode. And not an especially good one at that.
That's the one where the Data became evil because he got bumped on its head or something ? Yeah, I hesitated to mention it as the worst one.

That's the one where the Data became evil because he got bumped on its head or something ? Yeah, I hesitated to mention it as the worst one.
I actually liked ST Insurrection. It's the only ST movie Johnathan Frakes got to direct. It's like a feature length episode of Next Gen and for the fans of that show it was a real treat. The JJ Abrams reboots aren't Star Trek, just another action flick that usurped the ST name. I seen the fist one in 2009 and that was enough for any serious Star Trek fan to bail on the rest.

The doors of wisdom are never shut. - 'Socrates'
Favourite: its a toss up between First Contact and Wrath of Khan. If i had to choose it would be First Contact.

Least favourite: its either Final Frontier or Insurrection. Again if i had to chose it would be Insurrection.
Did you know that in the 1980s movie PREDATOR the titular character was not originally portrayed by Kevin Peter Hall. It was in fact Jean-Claude Van Damme donning a much more insect inspired full body suit before he left the production which then led to the recasting and redesigning of the famous hunter.