The Official Boardwalk Empire Season 4 Thread.

Tools    

Finished season four. Didn't think it was as great as some people have said, I liked it, but it might be the weakest season so far. I absolutely hated Narcisse, I know that's the point, but I think Watch Tower makes some good points about the writing, the story dragged on for far too long and I didn't like how they dealt with Chalky's character either, thought it was strange how Nucky makes one deal to hand Chalky over, lies, then makes another deal the next day and Narcisse thinks nothing of it. Richard Harrow stuff was all far too rushed and convenient at the end too, just suddenly comes back and becomes so important and takes over the finale despite being a small player in the earlier episodes.

Love the Van Alden and Al Capone stuff, that was possibly my favourite storyline of the season then there are Luciano, Meyer, Rothstein etc. who are all great too.

Finished here. It's been fun.
I thought most of the storylines ended in a perfect place. Harrow's storyline came to an inevitable yet tragic end. Narcisse got a fate worse than death,Having to help the white man to bring down a fellow Libyan. Nucky now has even less people by his side. Chalky's lost what's important to him ,etc,etc.

I just hope Season 5 will be able to wrap everything up, because there is still alot of story left to tell.

I think everything was just a little too pessimistic for me, all those characters you mentioned end up worse off than the season began. I know I didn't like Narcisse, but he should have just been shot, even Gillian who I hated had a pessimistic ending, they could have just let her leave.

Only characters who had positive endings were Al Capone and Van Alden, and by positive I mean fun and not pessimistic. Al Capone gets to takeover everything, and VA continues to be cool as f*ck.

Unregistered User
Ive just finished Season 3. Such a brilliant ending with Rosetti hunting down Nucky. Cant wait to get the 4th Season started but looks like im going to have to wait until its out on DVD