Black Mirror

Tools    

Can't wait.

As much as I love this show, though, I get a kick out of how...predictable's not really the word, but how spot-on most of the angles end up being. Like, you could write fake synopsis' of non-existent episodes and you wouldn't be able to tell if they were real or not, since the commentary shares such a clear through-line.

I saw a joke article about ideas for Black Mirror episodes, with fake titles and little descriptions, and one of them just said: "what if phones...but too much?" And I was like, yeah, that's the summary of pretty much all of them.

We should have prop bets for this season. Like:

1. Will any of the episodes feature any sort of technology being implanted anywhere in people?
2. Will any of the episodes feature perception or memory manipulation?
3. Will any of the episodes feature a protagonist who is actually the thing they fear or hate?

We should have prop bets for this season. Like:

1. Will any of the episodes feature any sort of technology being implanted anywhere in people?
2. Will any of the episodes feature perception or memory manipulation?
3. Will any of the episodes feature a protagonist who is actually the thing they fear or hate?
I feel like that story with the girl and the iPad is gonna be very dark, I can't bloody wait!

The Adventure Starts Here!
If I could add a question, Yoda, it would be something like: Will any episodes involve possibilities of worldwide nuclear war because of faulty technology? You know, something in the throes of the current headlines...

I have seen the first two season and the special which I was very impressed (and a little depressed) with. It's looking like the 3rd season isn't getting a dvd release so will have to find another way of finding it.

I have seen the first two season and the special which I was very impressed (and a little depressed) with. It's looking like the 3rd season isn't getting a dvd release so will have to find another way of finding it.
You can stream it. Season 3 is the weakest season IMO. I didn't watch the entire thing.

I'll still give it a go. Any show like this has its ups and downs but I like what I have seen so far.

A system of cells interlinked
Just started season 3 last night. I heard it was on the weak side, but the first episode was aces, and probably one of my favorites of the entire show so far. Bryce Dallas Howard was excellent in it. I haven't disliked any of the episodes so far, but the Waldo episode was definitely not as strong as the rest.

A system of cells interlinked
You can stream it. Season 3 is the weakest season IMO. I didn't watch the entire thing.
After watching episodes 1-3, all of which I have enjoyed quite a bit, I am curious as to where you left off, and why.

After watching episodes 1-3, all of which I have enjoyed quite a bit, I am curious as to where you left off, and why.
I would really have to think about it since it’s a few months since I’ve seen it. Maybe I watched too much of the show at one time & tired of it. I still think episode 1 of season 1 was the best episode.

This might just do nobody any good.
^
That and Nosedive were probably the only episodes of S3 that really stuck with me. The video game one would have been good too if hadn’t gone for an overkill ending (pun half intended).

This might just do nobody any good.
First episode, USS Callister, is pretty weak, IMO. You can totally see how Brooker and co. might’a had fun writing it and even shooting the thing (there’s some sharp technical allusions to J.J.’s films) but it’s ultimately so, so thin and contradictory in how it delivers its final message.

There’s also a piece of sci-fi that’s glaringly out of place.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Anybody who watched the original "Star Trek" religiously will definitely enjoy the satiric jabs a lot. Jodie Foster's "Arkangel" was pretty good too but less so. I thought "Nosedive" wore out its welcome compared to those even if I'm in the minority.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
First episode, USS Callister, is pretty weak, IMO. You can totally see how Brooker and co. might’a had fun writing it and even shooting the thing (there’s some sharp technical allusions to J.J.’s films) but it’s ultimately so, so thin and contradictory in how it delivers its final message.

There’s also a piece of sci-fi that’s glaringly out of place.
You're the first person I've heard say the opening episode is weak.

Suspect's Reviews

Welcome to the human race...
1. USS Callister
2. Black Museum
3. Metalhead
4. Crocodile
5. Hang the DJ
6. Arkangel

First episode, USS Callister, is pretty weak, IMO.so thin and contradictory in how it delivers its final message.
If you take the message out of the picture, you still have the amazing pacing and interesting characters.