What film(s) make people the most angry?

Tools    

Here are mine, in no particular order:

Grizzly Man: It's incredible how unsympathetic some people can be when they say that the man who lived with the grizzly bears, got too close to them, and then got eaten deserved it.

Harlan County USA: The way that the miners get treated, and regularly get the shaft, especially because they do such risky, unsafe and dangerous, hard and dirty work all day is beyond disgusting

Schindler's List: The fact that people are capable of killing others for no reason.

Garden of the Finzi-Continis: see above

Defiance; See above.

The Town: The message that it conveys to me angers me, as does the fact that the lead protagonists are rooted for and considered sympathetic, especially because one's an armed felon who's wanted by the FBI, with ample reason(s), (Doug MacRay), and the other protagonist (Claire Keesey, a former bank manager who quit her job after the robbery), because she abetted Doug and tipped him off to the presence of the Feds in the end, enabling him to go free.

Iraq Is Not For Sale: Because of what we've been doing to a country and its people for no reason, and because of what's been happening to our own soldiers as a result, as well.

An Inconvenient Truth: What's happening to our environment.

Generally the films that make people angry are the ones that are saying things people don't want to hear, so anything remotely contradictory of religious doctrine (Last Temptation of Christ, Life of Brian, Constantine's Sword), of a higher ruling power (Salo, The Ruling Class, V for Vendetta, a million documentaries), or of taboo subjects generally dealing with social commentary (American Psycho, The Testament of Dr. Mabuse).

Btw An Inconvenient Truth was conveniently exaggerated, take it with a grain of salt.

Obviously, political and religiously-themed films are the most likely, as is any kind of documentary on either subject.

But that's kind of too easy. In a much broader sense, excluding all the factors mentioned above, my experience is that people get maddest about films that they perceive are too highly praised, particularly among younger moviegoers. Often they're mad not so much because of a film's objective worth (or lack thereof), but as some sort of counterbalancing agent to what they see as over enthusiasm by others. IE: The Matrix or other similar films that are liable to be pretty good to people who have seen a great number of films, but might be downright mind-blowing to a 15 year old who's still exploring the medium or some of the concepts therein.

In a much broader sense, excluding all the factors mentioned above, my experience is that people get maddest about films that they perceive are too highly praised, particularly among younger moviegoers. Often they're mad not so much because of a film's objective worth (or lack thereof), but as some sort of counterbalancing agent to what they see as over enthusiasm by others. IE: The Matrix or other similar films that are liable to be pretty good to people who have seen a great number of films, but might be downright mind-blowing to a 15 year old who's still exploring the medium or some of the concepts therein.
I think the problem is that most of those people don't progress past that stage.

In a much broader sense, excluding all the factors mentioned above, my experience is that people get maddest about films that they perceive are too highly praised, particularly among younger moviegoers. Often they're mad not so much because of a film's objective worth (or lack thereof), but as some sort of counterbalancing agent to what they see as over enthusiasm by others. IE: The Matrix or other similar films that are liable to be pretty good to people who have seen a great number of films, but might be downright mind-blowing to a 15 year old who's still exploring the medium or some of the concepts therein.
My friends praise Transformers, so yup, Tyler1's Michael Bay comment is spot on

They're deprived.

Sudoku Blackbelt
Harlan County USA: The way that the miners get treated, and regularly get the shaft, especially because they do such risky, unsafe and dangerous, hard and dirty work all day is beyond disgusting

This doc was made into a tv movie starring Holly Hunter. It's called Harlan County War (2000)

It's really, really good. So good, in fact, I saw it once, then many years later saw it in a bargain bin and snatched it up.

Here are mine, in no particular order:

Grizzly Man: It's incredible how unsympathetic some people can be when they say that the man who lived with the grizzly bears, got too close to them, and then got eaten deserved it.
He didn't deserve to die, but he's an idiot for not seeing it coming. Even "domesticated" wild animals in the zoo/circus/etc. often end up attacking thier human masters. The fact that he thought he could invade their teritory and not face consequences proves that he was dumb. The film may want you to sympathize, maybe even empathize with him, but he was still doing something really stupid and should have seen it coming.

So, yeah, hate me for bing one of those people. Sometimes stupid people face the consequences of thier actions. Get over it.

Films that make me mad:

All of Michael Bay's films except for Transformers 3.
Every big budget film that actively insults it's audience's intelligence.

I think the problem is that most of those people don't progress past that stage.
Maybe. I dunno how one would determine that, unless you asked all sorts of people what they liked when they were 15. Regardless, the point I was trying to make is that many films get a bum rap based not on their own content, but based on the people who like them. I think people's tastes are sometimes (and unfortunately) tweaked by not wanting to be seen as the type of person who would really like a given film, even if it's a perfectly good film in a vacuum.

^ I think it should be acceptable for people to feel angry about those big blockbusters which are causing the foreign films to lose out in the box office.
I don't think that happens. I don't think someone who sees Transformers was going to buy a ticket for Tsoti if it hadn't been playing.

BANNED
He didn't deserve to die, but he's an idiot for not seeing it coming. Even "domesticated" wild animals in the zoo/circus/etc. often end up attacking thier human masters. The fact that he thought he could invade their teritory and not face consequences proves that he was dumb. The film may want you to sympathize, maybe even empathize with him, but he was still doing something really stupid and should have seen it coming.

So, yeah, hate me for bing one of those people. Sometimes stupid people face the consequences of thier actions. Get over it.

Films that make me mad:

All of Michael Bay's films except for Transformers 3.
Every big budget film that actively insults it's audience.
you're totally exaggerating

you're totally exaggerating
About what?

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
he's an idiot for not seeing it coming.
yeah, but i don't think he was completely naive about the risk he was taking. it's been a few years now since i've seen this, but what i got from it was that the guy was eccentric, not stupid. i think he was always aware of the risk he was taking, but i think he was willing to take it because being there made him happy. so i guess you could say he was an idiot for risking his life the way that he did, but at least he lived a life that was true to his principles until the day he died.

i gotta see it again, though. i remember it being a great documentary.

I would hope this thread wouldn't devolve into a discussion about Grizzly Man, but I think the word "deserve" is probably what sparks debate. It implies a moral judgment above and beyond the "he knew what he was getting into" response that I imagine everyone agrees with.

I'm pretty sure there's a Grizzly Man thread somewhere.

Anyway, the film that made me angry was Jack The Bear. I was only angry at the end, but I remember crying with anger.

I Spit On Your Grave, Boys Don't Cry, The Accused. Actually, most 'rape' films make me really angry. At least "Grave" (and the like) have that cathartic revenge murder to expel the anger.