The Utterly Disturbing Advertisment Tab

Tools    

This morning I saw a McDonalds add in which Ronald McDonald dances around singing:

"I hope you love your Mom!"

And the annoying as ***** children of the ad sang back:

"We do Ron, Rob, Ron. We do Ron, Ron."

It was to the tune of that song. Blatant rip-off.
Terrible.

I shuddered, like really.
It was terrible.

This thread isn't fair. I'll monopolize it. I listen to the radio for several hours roughly 4 days a week...and radio ads are THE corniest/dumbest of all...by far. I can't even count how many stupid ads there are. I leap for joy when a half-decent one comes on. They're beyond awful.

For example, a typical example of a radio advertisement in Mount Gambier, South Australia:

"Are they a good sandwhich?"
"Does a chicken have lips?"
"No."
"Bummer. But I'm telling you, Vansittart Park Deli Sandwhiches are the best!"

Ugh.

radio ads do often annoy,.... they resort to being obnoxious because they need to get your attention and plague your mind.....leave you humming a jingle or making fun of how bad the ad is.

ever hear the one for "joinritis"sp? arthritis/joint medicine?
i want to kill the woman who whines "jointritis, jointritis...it really works!"

I HATE the jointritis ads with a passion! It's so obvious that they just had someone talk and inserted 'jointritis' whenever the heck they felt like it... It's soooooo bad!

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
This one isn't disturbing but it's hilarious...

It's for Carls Jr..

Bunch of scientists standing around a chicken on a table looking it over and whatnot.

The main line is that Chicken's don't have nuggets. It's so corny it's hilarious.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Female assassin extraordinaire.
enjoy:

http://www.realcaliforniacheese.com/

(Commercials are under "All About Cheese")

other californians know what I'm talkin' bout! they don't have the radio ads, a couple of which are funnier than these.

forget wisconsin! our cheese kicks @ss. i love california!!!

forget wisconsin? forget wisconsin?

i like the geico insurance ads where the squirrel runs into the road and causes a car to swerve out of the way and crash, then the squirrel runs up to his buddy and they do a little high five dance.

the best commercial i've ever seen was one that never made it to TV.....it's for "milk"; two boys are sitting at their table with lunch and glasses of milk in front of them. the mom say's "drink your milk boys", and they protest.
they look out the window at their neighbor doing yard work and say "mr. simpson doesn't drink milk and he's strong!"

then we see mr. simpson about to lift something heavy and as he yanks upward, his arm rips off at the shoulder.

oh my god that's hilarious - how'd you see it if it never made it?

i love the got milk ads, too ... in fact I bought (for cheap cheap) the coffee table book on it. in fact, i'm going to go look for their commercials/site now ...

i like the one with the dad short of milk for his cereal vs. cat and baby ... he looks down the table at the evil baby and the music does the Western twang "whahaahah wa waaa waaaah", and the same when he looks at the cat ... then the screen fades out but we hear the tune done in the screech of a cat cuz he attacked the cat for its bowl of milk ...

i caught the never shown milk ad on a show called something like "the best ad's you've never seen".

ahhh, i see - you were one of the chosen ones!

here's another one, i was telling Chris, I totally love this one -

It's a cingular wireless commercial, some dude is talkin' about how he's an annual Christmas Store Santa. His cruddy cell phone made it sound like he ordered a Panda suit; but he makes the best of what he has.

The hilarious thing is how he sort of rolls around in it and tries to get in the Santa chair; also, he sounds JUST like Martin Short, and sort of behaves like him too.

There's this spot where he rolls down face first into the fake snow and calls out, "Help me, Elves!"

And the way he says it just cracks me up. Plus the way he finally gets himself up into the chair and he's all spilling a tender "confessional" "I do it for the children" moment - a total Martin Short moment, hehe.

well, the cingular.com site offered no commercials, the meanies, and a search via altavista produced nothing but the following:

http://www.bennersbasement.com/realvideo/409.ram

that's a betty boop ad ...

I love those "Best Commercials You've Never Seen" shows, though I was disapointed by the Bud guys hosting... they got old fast... but damn were the commercials hilarious!

there's a volkswagen ad that is currently running where a guy is standing guard by a silver vw (in a car sales lot) and he's on his cell phone telling his friend to hurry up with the money.......and he sees a salesman approaching in slo mo with two excited looking buyers pointing toward that very car. they are carrying the car key. the guy panics, they get closer, then the guy bends down and licks the door handle.

ha, patti!! i totally snicker at that one, it's kinda gross but true. hehehe. i like the weird looks on the faces of the salesmen and the chick who's gonna buy it ...

I had completely forgotten about that one... I saw it awhile back, but only one time. It was a hilarious ad, which makes me wonder why I haven't seen it more often... I'd be curious to know how they can afford to spend all this money making ads only to not run one of the few truly memorable ones.

I just saw a good one for McDonald's...

Big Brother walks through the kitchen, picks on Little Bro, messes up the kids hair and then walks away.

Little Brother thinks for a minute and yells to an empty house "What's that Mom, you want to take us to McDonald's?"

He then proceeds to block the swinging kitchen door with his feet, you hear a big THUD and as little bro runs away big bro comes through holding his nose

i must mention how much i abhor most of the paid programming informercials that plague late nightTV........i feel bad for all the suckers that pull out their credit cards!!!

the ones i hate most are the diet pills or fat eliminating potions et.al.
there's typically a sparkly overenthusiastic woman interviewing a "doctor" and feigning ignorance and then amazement at the product being touted.

the doctor's aren't real doctors, the product claims are bullsh*t.......and actually nothing is really promised, just suggested.
they leave the supposition to the gullible couch potatos that want to keep their snacks and find their wasteline without effort.
but the companies selling the stuff should be held responsible for taking advantage of all the morons.
what do you guys and gals think?

these infomercials must be profitable-----i would make a career of debunking all the claims, and putting them all out of business. i have no respect for any actor or "doctor" that would "act" in one, knowingly pushing a load of crap.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I think that informercials should have their own channel, and that they can't go outside of THAT channel. Anyone gullable enough to watch it..deserves to get screwed.