What's With The Name?

Tools    

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Knightmare isn't a newbie. He's open territory for bashing from Holden.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Now With Moveable Parts
He's new enough, not to know...

Morbida
Mine come from a underground game server that I run, I started it about 4 years ago and created Xetox, now I am only known on the internet as Xetox.......and so far everwhere I go and sign up noone has ever used that name....except here and I used it but choose under 18 on acident so just added a ic to the in

Radioactive Spider Blood
My real name is Jason Unger... and I've been given the nickname Junger.

Of course, with a last name like Unger, I hear a lot of "ungerwear" and "ungerpants" jokes, so I sort of adopted the nickname "jungerpants" for myself.

It's pretty funny, I think

"Chances are, if your parents didn't have any kids, then you won't either."

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I got my bizarre handle from the creator of the Japanese cartoon Lupin III, about a clever jewel thief. They made a movie based on the show, titled Castle of Cagliostro, which was really cool. Monkeypunch is not his real name either. I chose it because I like both the man's work, and monkeys. (Planet of the Apes, Mojo Jojo, King Kong, Mighty Joe Young, Lancelot Link: Secret Chimp...Once you go ape, you'll never escape! )

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

My handle comes from the great Terry Pratchett/Neil Gaiman book Good Omens (think Monty Python does the Apocalypse). Sister Mary Loquacious is a Satanic nun in the Order of St. Beryl--Beryl herself was a young woman who chattered incessantly and became a martyr when she was strangled by her husband on their wedding night... maybe. The good sisters are bound to speak at all times, except for one hour of the day when they are allowed to shut up.

Sister Mary Loquacious herself has a pivotal role in the book--she misplaces the infant Antichrist. Being that my name is also Mary, and I too have a tendency to, a) talk an awful lot, and b) lose things, I found a certain kinship with her.

Originally posted by Mary Loquacious
Sister Mary Loquacious herself has a pivotal role in the book--she misplaces the infant Antichrist.
Wow. Sorta makes your keys look unimportant in comparison, eh?

Good Omens (think Monty Python does the Apocalypse)...
And you have heard that Python alum, the brilliant Terry Gilliam, is adapting it for the big screen, right? Still in pre-production and searching for financing (the same old Gilliam saga), but if all goes well it could be in the multiplexes by the end of 2003.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Wow. Sorta makes your keys look unimportant in comparison, eh?
Just a wee bit. Although I have lost my purse (well, not really a purse--pocketbook, girl-wallet, whatever the hell you call it) a couple of times, most memorably when leaving it on the top of the car when leaving the grocery store. Twice. No, once was not enough for me to learn my lesson. Troy threatened to chain it to my wrist.

Originally posted by Holden Pike
And you have heard that Python alum, the brilliant Terry Gilliam, is adapting it for the big screen, right? Still in pre-production and searching for financing (the same old Gilliam saga), but if all goes well it could be in the multiplexes by the end of 2003.
I have, indeed--been keeping tabs on the progress for awhile--and I salivate at the thought of seeing it as early as 2003.

I jumped up and did a wild monkey-dance around my living room when I heard that Gilliam had been signed to direct. He's the only man for the job.

Well, let's see, my name is Jason, thus my user name is Jason.

Before that, I was known as Sexy Celebrity.

Still am, actually. Or I'm known as S.C. or The Sexy Celebrity Formerly Known As Sexy Celebrity.

I used the name "Sexy Celebrity", because, honestly, that's just what I am. I pick pretty dull user names.

When do we start that "Anal Retentive Posters" self help group? Man, ease on up on the newbies!
And when do we start the "Posters With Bizarre Desire to Get on Everyone's Good Side Despite Themselves" self help group? Man, ease up on the sane people!

well on MSN i used to do alot of RP surfing and one of the usernames i saw was Knightmare and i thought it was cool.

I would have the name Naisy but i just cant be stuffed worrying about changing it. My last name is Naismith (which i also get called alot) and SB and our drama teacher called me Naisy and it stuck with me ever since.

Uh......it's just a name. It's not mine.

Originally posted by The Silver Bullet
Or Naisal-spray.
yeah that name started four years ago, its hardly used now days but it sometimes comes up, i got that after i did a film commerial for the school on nasalspray. I never lived it down

Get Low, Get Low, Get Low
I chose my name simply because i am a movie fan and that my soccer jersey number is 20. My actual name is Sabrina and most call me Sab or Sweetie.

Plus a lady fan of PimpDaShizzle V2.0 and Most importantly JRS

The Adventure Starts Here!
The name I write under is Linda Au (family name).

I'm Austruck anywhere I can be online. And, the places where it's been taken (rare), I opt for Austruck1 (how original).

Whole family uses the Au thing on their cars' license plates:

Mom: AU-FOOY
Dad: AU-YEAH
Brother: AU-SUMM
Me: AU-THR

Yeah, we're cool, we're cool.

A novel adaptation.
It's funny about Mary Locquacious. I had just finished reading "Good Omens", and loved it. So I started another Neil Gaiman book called "American Gods". The main character in the book read "Truths" by Herodotus, and drew a lot from it. So I read Herodotus' "History", and WA-LAA!

Cant wait for the film, I love Terry Gilliam (Brazil, Twelve Monkeys are two of my favorite films.)

"We are all worms, but I do believe I am a glow-worm."
--Winston Churchill

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
I like puns.
Samsonite Delilah is a pun I stole from John Leguizamo, from a moment in his one-man show, Fream, when his father is yelling at his mother. He calls her a 'samsonite delilah' and storms out of the house. I love the accidental comparison to a brand of luggage revered for standing up to misuse and not breaking.