What's With The Name?

Tools    

Originally posted by The Silver Bullet
What about a werewolf?
I don't get it.

Call me culturally inept, but "Wha?"
Silver, man. Silver kills a werewolf. A silver knife, or a silver stake, or a gun, with a silver grip ("you're insane"). Anyway, I figured it was just some odd nickname or something that happened to stick.

Who is Silver?
I actually, literally have no idea what on Earth you people are talking about? Is this a film, a TV show, a radio program, a cartoon character?!

Talk about left in the dark!!

okay now.....i can be a real guppy so i don't know if you are kidding or not.

do you know or not? silver bullets kill a werewolf.......a weapon made of silver or melted down silver bullets.....jeesh. don't you have werewolves down under?

Oh, I see. I thought you talking about a person being NAMED Silver. My God. Anything that is silver can kill a werewolf? And therefore I slay werewolves....

I don't know wether to be flattered [that I could kill a werewolf] or disillusioned [that you would think that someone of my mental capacity [!] would name themselves after an implement for destroying mythical creatures].

I honestly thought you were talking about some sort of myth or legend or folklore tale. My God I'm slow.

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap.
Aeon Flux episode name.

Originally posted by The Silver Bullet
Oh, I see. I thought you talking about a person being NAMED Silver. My God. Anything that is silver can kill a werewolf? And therefore I slay werewolves....

I don't know wether to be flattered [that I could kill a werewolf] or disillusioned [that you would think that someone of my mental capacity [!] would name themselves after an implement for destroying mythical creatures].

I honestly thought you were talking about some sort of myth or legend or folklore tale. My God I'm slow.

There's a movie "CALLED" The Silver Bullet and it's adapted from a Stephen King noval. In the film there's a kid who is wheelchair bound (Corey Haim). He gets a super frickin crazy fast engine operated motorcycle type looking wheelchair from his uncle (Gary Busey) that I think is properly "NAMED" The Silver Bullet well at least that's what I call it. Alos he gets silver Bullet's too. I don't know what the others were talking about but in my posted this is what I meant I thought you got it I guess I was wrong sorry about that should have explained it more properly.

IMDB http://us.imdb.com/Title?0090021

it's a great movie you should tryin hunt it down.

Cheers

corey haim......now there's an actor.

gone
My god! TSB! You never seen a werewolf film?

I also thought... HMMMM... TSB - The listening bank

FUNNIEST MOVIE SCENE INVOLVING A SILVER BULLET
Love at First Bite (1979)
When the jealous Dr. Jeffrey Rosenberg Van Helsing (Richard Benjamin) confronts the creature Count Dracula (George Hamilton) that has stolen the heart of his girl (Susan Saint James), firing off a couple rounds to no effect. "That's only good for werewolves". In another scene he also mistakenly tries to ward him off using a Jewish star of David instead of a cross.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

that was a perfect vehicle for George Hamilton!
and whatever happened to Susan St. James?.....i was a fan of McMillan and Wife way back when.

Susan Saint James had a decent-sized hit with the sitcom "Kate & Allie" in the '80s, co-starring Jane Curtain. But since then she's more or less retired from show business. She did show up on the sitcom "The Drew Carey Show" playing Kate's hot mother, who all the fellas have crushes on. The actress who plays Kate on that show, Christa Miller, is her niece in real life.

Never much cared for "McMillan & Wife" myself.

that's my favorite type of show.......although some aren't very good. i loved Moonlighting when it was first out. Columbo never does me wrong.
.....liked Barnaby Jones back in his day too. Anybody remember Ellory Queen?

and Holden, i'm sure you were a fan of this old series.........Nightstalker? The X-Files predecessor.....both faves of mine.

p.s. i knew St. James was in Kate and Ally........was glad to see Jane Curtain in something because i had liked her so much on SNL.

I love Darren McGavin, but I never much cared for Kolchak. I've tried to get into it, just can't. But then I don't care about "The X-Files" at all either.

"Moonlighting" is one of my all-time favorite shows, but I never, ever watched "Barnaby Jones" or "Ellery Queen" or "Quincy" or "Mannix" or "Cannon" or "Hart to Hart". I don't like the format for the format, I only like it for the personalities driving the particular show.

That's why "The Rockford Files" is my number one all-time favorite show. Yeah, a mystery was ostensibly solved every episode, but who cares? It was about Jimmy and Rocky and Angel and Dennis and Beth interacting week to week. The plots don't even really matter. Love "Moonlighting" and like "Columbo" for the same reason, because the central characters interest me, not the plots.

yes, i would agree......it is the characters who i love, not so much the format.

i liked The Rockford Files too- i'd forgotten about that one until you mentioned it, Holden.

Kolchak was silly and predictable but it was the only show dealing with that scary stuff i so loved! ....... mythical beasts, real ghosts, vampires, werewolves, zombies, and the one guy who was a believer - and foolishly in chase of proof!!

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Originally posted by henry hill
Back in the day...I used to play Quake Multiplayer (when was this 95? 96?)

They used to have clans - I was with Reservoir Dogs, all colours were taken so Mr.Silver was mine But then the clan died and I got picked up by another - some other gangster one - you had Tony Montana, Don Corleone, I had just seen goodfellas...sooo...(what a hard one to figure out!) But at the same time everyone was called goodfella, and thanks to my bad spelling goodf3lla it became... and been so ever since...how sad!
LOL! Back in the day....I used to play Quake Multiplayer.

They Used to have clans - I was with Original Gamers, and choose the name Bomberman( OG-Bomberman ). I was registering my name as such, but due to my awesome skillz, hit return when I didn't mean to and it only registered the OG- part. GO ME!

This is a thread of curiousity for me, i am wondering how did you choose your username for mofo land? (ive seen some pretty strange ones around)

I was trying to find the same thread.

What Holden said. Search for crying out loud.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Merged the two threads.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Now With Moveable Parts
When do we start that "Anal Retentive Posters" self help group? Man, ease on up on the newbies!