I finally got around to watching Thriller - en grym film earlier today. The storyline itself is rather common in the annals of horror and grindhouse, though this early example was easily the most graphic I've seen. Indeed, I was taken aback when, most unexpectedly, graphic scenes of coitus began popping up every few minutes. It was fine the first few times, but after awhile became somewhat disturbing.

The movie itself, which is also known as They Call Her One Eye, starts off with a young girl being raped by an elderly man; nothing is really shown, but they make it quite clear what is going on in the seconds that follow said scene. Shortly thereafter, when the raped girl has aged some, she is offered a ride in a car by a thirty-something man named Tony. He takes her to supper and, eventually, home, where he drugs her and keeps her as a prostitute - something he has done a number of times previously.

As with all rape and revenge films, after the rape - though in this case, it is committed by paying customers - she desires revenge. For this, she learns a variety of skills including martial arts and shooting, before ultimately going after her previous clients and shooting them with a stolen shotgun. For Tony, however, she has a far more vile end in mind.

All in all, I found the film remarkably sexual, far more so than any other rape and revenge film I've seen (Deliverance, Ms. 45, Last House on the Left, I Spit On Your Grave, etc.). However, the overall quality of the film is better as well. The deaths are in slow motion, something rarely scene in the fast paced action films of today. An uncountable number of Deus ex Machinae, however, ultimately prove to be this film's downfall, and thus I must give it a