Wooley's Horror/Thriller/Sci-Fi/Fantasy Screen-Cap Game

Tools    

Moments like Patrick Ewing in angel wings, and Fabio in heaven, are the kind of artistic choices that will always keep director Blatty in the minor leagues for me. They are Titanic meets Iceberg level moments that a somber film like Exorcist III can never fully recover from.

OK, Dementia 13 drove me crazy but I haven't seen it, so I don't feel so stupid. I just hate to let the Black & White ones stump me.

And I'm 90% sure I didn't sweep any round. There was always at least one I couldn't get. D13, in this case.

Kicking myself for not guessing The Warriors and Valerie's Week of Wonders. Otherwise, I apparently just need to watch more movies.

Victim of The Night
Round 8: Masks

Dark Passage
(1 point)
Bacall and Bogart in the same frame?

The Invisible Man
(1 point)
Ain't no school like the Old School.

Begotten
(2 points)
Well, that was disturbing. I guess?

The Phantom Of The Opera
(1 point)
I think of this as being the second most-famous shot in one of the most famous Horror movies of All Time.

Ginger Snaps 2
(4 points)
Yeah, I really only expected Takoma to get this one.

Demons
(2 points)
Love me some Demons!

The Abominable Doctor Phibes
(2 points)
This movie is so much weirder than I think people appreciate.

Tourist Trap
(1 point)
Tricky to score these where you know 100% of people who have seen it will get it but I have no idea how many people have seen it.

That one was driving me crazy, but it seems I had it mistaken for another film cause I haven't seen Ginger Snaps 2

That one was driving me crazy, but it seems I had it mistaken for another film cause I haven't seen Ginger Snaps 2
Same, I was convinced that I recognized it, but never saw the sequel.
Would've swept the round but for that one.

Same, I was convinced that I recognized it, but never saw the sequel.
Would've swept the round but for that one.
I sucked in this one. Only got the Invisible Man one. Then again, I sucked at most

Victim of The Night
By the way, if you've seen Ginger Snaps and liked it, which everyone should, GS2 is a fascinating and honestly kinda rewarding study in "how do we not do the same thing again".

I just watched The Lighthouse but I think I still wouldn't have gotten that one.

The Phantom Of The Opera
(1 point)
I think of this as being the second most-famous shot in one of the most famous Horror movies of All Time.
At the risk of sounding smug (but I'm genuinely curious), did a lot of people not get this one? I guess the color could've been confusing.

At the risk of sounding smug (but I'm genuinely curious), did a lot of people not get this one? I guess the color could've been confusing.
I got it, but I first incorrectly guessed The Masque of the Red Death. I mean, can you blame me?

Yeah, I also originally thought Masque of the Red Death.

A system of cells interlinked
I also guessed Masque...

Wow, that's interesting. Funny how we're all film buffs and most of us horror buffs too, and yet we still live in our own bubbles in a way.
Like when I agonized for two days over the DePalma that everyone else knew immediately.
Meanwhile, that shot of the Phantom was as obvious to me as if Wooley had just posted the title card.
Different strokes, etc.

OK, after re-reading that, I realize that it's entirely possible that I'm the only one living in a bubble. Still, I genuinely find it fascinating. Maybe a topic for a different thread.

Wow, that's interesting. Funny how we're all film buffs and most of us horror buffs too, and yet we still live in our own bubbles in a way.
Like when I agonized for two days over the DePalma that everyone else knew immediately.
Meanwhile, that shot of the Phantom was as obvious to me as if Wooley had just posted the title card.
Different strokes, etc.

OK, after re-reading that, I realize that it's entirely possible that I'm the only one living in a bubble. Still, I genuinely find it fascinating. Maybe a topic for a different thread.
I think it's more to do with a combination of the films we're drawn to and the way that we process images and stories.

Like I've said before, I process mostly emotionally and not visually. So I frequently don't recognize images from films if I didn't react to that moment from the film.

I don't remember.particular scenes from movies very well, but I think I probably have a pretty good eye for recognizing the look of a specific directors,.or the general style of a particular film, almost instantly, even if I don't remember the actual image itself.

A barely got any that I spent more than a couple of seconds looking at. If I couldn't narrow it down to a couple of possibilities after that initial glance, I usually knew I probably wouldn't get it and moved on.

Also, I'm lazy

Also, count me as a not fan of Ginger Snaps.