Movie Forums Top Foreign Language Films Countdown - Preliminary Thread

→ in
Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I submitted my ballot.

Back when this list started, I thought I would be lucky if I could find 25 movies that I liked enough to put on my list, but by the time I was done watching movies, I was pleasantly surprised to find that I had a hard time narrowing it down to only 25 movies.

Thank you to everyone for some great recommendations.

submitted my list this morning. aside from the all-time one, this is the only list where i would consider every film on my ballot to be a masterpiece or damn close
criticker

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Just to add, I'm hoping we will be ready to start the countdown on Monday. There might be a few list wrinkles to iron out first. I've just sent out 4 PMs to people who might have voted for the wrong film i.e. films with the same title but probably not the ones they meant.

A couple of people have picked ineligible films too - I noticed these because they are films I recognised, but I won't be checking the eligibility of 500+ films, so if you pick something in English you will have wasted your vote!

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Have mine in shortly.

I'm sure we will say it again in the next few weeks, but thanks for all the work, Thursday!

Alright, we're all closed up. 74 ballots in total! Great response, thanks so much everyone.

Of the 17 lists I've logged the ballot total for, this is the fifth-highest ever, just five behind the Animation list.

Check your PMs in case Thursday needs clarification from you on a possibly erroneous submission. I'm gonna work on my end of things a bit this weekend and if it goes well we can start Monday. If it doesn't go as well it might take a bit longer, but probably not a lot longer.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Always love doing these. Should be, as per usual, all kinds of fun!!

We just preemptively answered that!

Just to add, I'm hoping we will be ready to start the countdown on Monday.
I'm gonna work on my end of things a bit this weekend and if it goes well we can start Monday. If it doesn't go as well it might take a bit longer, but probably not a lot longer.

Hey guys, not been around lately...

Sadly I'll have to skip this one. I've not seen many non-English or foreign movies enough to make a list... if I made a partial, it'd be a list of like, 4?
Maybe 5...

I'll hopefully keep tabs though on the results though

Check your PMs in case Thursday needs clarification from you on a possibly erroneous submission. I'm gonna work on my end of things a bit this weekend and if it goes well we can start Monday. If it doesn't go as well it might take a bit longer, but probably not a lot longer.
I would just like to echo this. I'm currently waiting for one person to reply about a possible erroneous film, and one person to redo their list as it had a lot of ineligible films. There will have to be a cut-off point soon for non-replies or we'll be waiting all year for the countdown!

Will you be starting with the one-pointers?
Personally I quite like this and it gives time for predictions/faildictions before the first two entries are revealed for those that delight in proving how oh-so-very-wrong they can be

Will you be starting with the one-pointers?
Personally I quite like this and it gives time for predictions/faildictions before the first two entries are revealed for those that delight in proving how oh-so-very-wrong they can be
Yes, it's become a bit of a tradition.

There were a lot of one-pointers this time around!

Yes, it's become a bit of a tradition.

There were a lot of one-pointers this time around!
Kewl, and yeah I can imagine there were quite a few of them for this one.