Directors who made only one five-star movie

Tools    

I've seen lots of Robert Rodriguez movies, but the only one that I'd give a five star to (or a 100/100 for that matter) is Sin CIty.

I'm not familiar with Doris Wishman though.

You would assume it's Deadly Weapons. But it's not!

Doris Wishman proves she a more than capable filmmaker without the assets of Chesty Morgan to finally make her true masterpiece: A Night to Dismember.

Di je Karlo?
Branko Marjanović, his debut was a satire which got him in trouble with the censors at the time, which is a shame because Ciguli Miguli was pure gold

You would assume it's Deadly Weapons. But it's not!

Doris Wishman proves she a more than capable filmmaker without the assets of Chesty Morgan to finally make her true masterpiece: A Night to Dismember.
Admittedly, its low ratings around the internet don't pique my interests much, but idk, I may check it out since it's pretty short.

Y.K. Kim.

But seriously (well, not really), Charles Laughton, which is an easy answer because he also only made one movie (The Night of the Hunter). For directors with more than one, Christopher Nolan. He still hasn't topped Memento.

Admittedly, its low ratings around the internet don't pique my interests much, but idk, I may check it out since it's pretty short.

Only approach if you want to witness the end of all cinema.

Robert Zemeckis (Forrest Gump)
Sam Mendes (American Beauty)
Richard Linklater (Boyhood)

I would agree that American Beauty is Sam Mendes' only 5-star movie, but I don't think Forrest Gump or Boyhood are five star movies...the closest thing Zemeckis has done to a 5 star movie is Who Framed Roger Rabbit and I can't think of anything Linklater has done that's close to five stars. JMO.